Sign in to follow this  
patox

TIE Life Support System

Star Wars Rebels Spoiler Alert for Fire Across the Galaxy.

Hera, Zev and Sabine can either hold their breath for a long time or TIE fighters have a pretty heavy duty life-support system for 3 humanoids. Or the Rebels crew modded the TIE and added life support. Or the show runners goofed.

pic2436747.jpg

I think they goofed, because I've seen in many sources that they must wear a helmet because of the lack of pilot support. Zev and Hera might have an excuse of being able to survive longer because they are aliens, but I can't think of an excuse for Sabine.

Or, Sabine used all that time modifying the tie to install life support. And the Inquisitor's tie is a prototype Advanced, perhaps with life support. Doesn't mean the factory models all suddenly have life support.

What was the old canon?   Did teh mask itself house ALL of the oxygen a TIE Pilot woudl need for an entire operation?   That seems impossible.   One woudl think the TIE Fighter itself would have an oxygen tank or two stored somewhere.  All you gotta do is turn on the feed and make it not hook up to the suit.