Sign in to follow this  
CobaltWraith

Contested Outpost (Defense) strategies and fleets

Probably the most straightforward of the objectives, but again mainly seems like an Imperial objective to me, since their ships tend to have larger command, thus meaning less ships are needing to be committed to secure the victory point token. However the Rebellion does have the speed advantage and may be able to snag a few victory tokens in the early turns.

Interesting that it states that the space station can't discard damage cards or hull points.

I wonder if there is the option to destroy the space station.

Might be worth the rebels making a run for the station, get a couple of turns of victory tokens and then blow the station up before the imperials get there to seize control.

It seems like it would be hard to keep a ship at distance 1 from the station without coming to a complete stop.  Since you do not get to use defensive tokens if you are at speed 0, you probably don't want to come to a complete stop.  I would have to play around a little bit with the movement tool to see if it is possible for a ship to orbit the station while remaining at distance 1.  Either way (complete stop or tight orbit), you would be putting yourself at a disadvantage in order to gain the points for controlling the station.