Sign in to follow this  
GrandSpleen

Tactics wants a nom-nom

Alright, let's talk food: Leadership has Cram, Spirit has Miruvor, and Lore has Lembas.  All of these are readying effects with a bit of in-sphere flavor: healing for Lore, willpower (or a couple of other choices) for Spirit, and ... well, Cram is 0-cost, so let's consider "resource saving" as a form of "resource generation!"  

We even have a boon, Leaf-wrapped Lembas, representing the Neutral cards, and Good Meal, although unlike the other cards Good Meal is not a specific food item or a readying effect.

Tactics wants in on this party!

I don't know of any other good foodstuff for a soldier of the Free Peoples to be carrying, so how about this:

Orc Draught

Attach to a character.

Response: After attached character takes damage, discard Orc Draught to cancel that damage and ready the attached character.  

I like the idea.  Orc Draught would effectively be a feint.  You could also ready and give a defense bonus, but that's basically just Behind Strong Walls.  Maybe ready and give an attack bonus?  Like Flame of Anor, but not limited to Gandalf and it would only be a 2 or 3 bonus.

Orc Draught

Attach to a character.

Response: After attached character takes damage, discard Orc Draught to cancel that damage and ready the attached character.  

Canceling all of the damage is too powerful. I think that readying a character after it takes damage is good enough, no need to cancel the damage. If the attachment costed 2 resources, I could see allowing the player to cancel up to two points of damage. It should not allow the attached character to cancel a massive attack by a huge enemy. 

Canceling all of the damage is too powerful. I think that readying a character after it takes damage is good enough, no need to cancel the damage. If the attachment costed 2 resources, I could see allowing the player to cancel up to two points of damage. It should not allow the attached character to cancel a massive attack by a huge enemy. 

A fair point!  Other effects that do this require a threat raise.  As Teamjimby points out, it would be on par with Feint in terms of the effect's power level.... although this would still let a shadow effect get through.

Maybe cancel only 1 or 2 damage instead.  Resource cost of 1 for the attachment.  

How about:

Eowyn's Soup

Attachment - Cost 1

Attach to a Rohan character or to Aragorn.

Forced: If attached character eats Eowyn's Soup, deal 1 damage to him/her.

Action: Discard Eowyn's Soup.

Response: If Eowyn's Soup was discarded without Eowyn seeing, attached character gets +2 Willpower until the end of the round.

:D

Edited by legolas18

Twice-Baked Honey Cakes
Attachment - Tactics - 1 Cost

Play only if you control a Beorning, Hobbit or Dwarf hero.

Attach to a hero.
Response: After attached hero takes damage or is exhausted by an encounter card effect, discard Twice-Baked Honey Cakes to ready attached hero.

Until the end of the round, attached hero gets +1 Willpower, +1 Attack and +1 Defense.

Orc Draught

Canceling all of the damage is too powerful. 

Than perhaps something similar to "cancel all damage just dealt & ready attached character, then deal [1] damage to that character". You know, a hangover type of deal. 

Heart of Your Enemy

Cost: 0

Condition.

Cannot be played the usual way. 

Response: After a hero you control destroys an enemy, attach Heart of Your Enemy from your hand to that hero.

Planning Action: Discard Heart of Your Enemy to heal attached hero by 2. Until the end of the round, all engaged enemies get -1 attack and -1 defense, and all characters you control get -1 willpower.

Just for fun, guys. Nothing serious.

Heart of Your Enemy

Condition.

Cannot be played the usual way. 

Response: After a hero you control destroys an enemy, attach Heart of Your Enemy from your hand to that hero.

Planning Action: Discard Heart of Your Enemy to heal attached hero by 2. Until the end of the round, all engaged enemies get -1 attack and -1 defense, and all characters you control get -1 willpower.

Just for fun, guys. Nothing serious.

I kinda like the way it works though even if the title - and thanks for not digging up artwork - is a bit gruesome.  I like cards that are played out of phase.  I wish we had more "Flash" allies like Emory.

I don't have the time to look it up, but I think there is a passage in Return where Beregrond is taking Pippen to the mess hall that might apply and provide a cards title.  "Short Commons?"

To go with the poetic trend...

Skulls of your Enemies (make very good mug)

Cost: - (meaning cannot be played)

Response: if you control a tactic Hero, attach Skulls of your Enemies from your hand to a character that participated in an attack that killed an enemy.

Action: discard Skulls of your Enemies to ready attached character. Choose a Trait, all enemies with this Trait gains -1 Threat and -1 Attack until the end of the round.

To go with the poetic trend...

Skulls of your Enemies (make very good mug)

Cost: - (meaning cannot be played)

Response: if you control a tactic Hero, attach Skulls of your Enemies from your hand to a character that participated in an attack that killed an enemy.

Action: discard Skulls of your Enemies to ready attached character. Choose a Trait, all enemies with this Trait gains -1 Threat and -1 Attack until the end of the round.

Core set card for the Conan the Barbarian LCG!

Mmm... Gold...

Items

Attach to a Dwarf hero.

Enemies do not make engagement checks against you.  Your heroes do not gain resources during the resource phase.  

"We will bear no weapons against you, but we leave you to your gold. You may eat that, if you will!" - The Hobbit

Oh man. I had an idea for Master of Lore to do a full-on article on food and drink from the books and link it with a contest for custom food/drink cards. Sounds like I need to redouble my task! I would try a more offensive approach with Tactics:

Dorwinion Red

Attachment

Cost 2

Play Dorwinion Red in the staging area. The next eligible enemy added to the staging area enters play exhausted. Exhausted enemies to not make engagement checks. If engaged, it cannot attack and does not count it's DEF while being attacked.

“It must be a potent wine to make a wood-elf drowsy; but this wine, it would seem, was the heady vintage of the great gardens of Dorwinion..." --The Hobbit

Im surprised no one has mentioned anything as commonplace as Military Rations. Im not sure if any are ever mentioned in the books though I guess. I didnt bother with coming up with anything other than the name (yet) but I thought it might be a good one to throw out there.

Im surprised no one has mentioned anything as commonplace as Military Rations. Im not sure if any are ever mentioned in the books though I guess. I didnt bother with coming up with anything other than the name (yet) but I thought it might be a good one to throw out there.

Closest thing would actually be Cram or Lembas (or Honey Cakes!) but I'm sure Gondor and Rohan, hell even the Bree-men and Hobbits, had their own versions of military/traveling rations.

Oh man. I had an idea for Master of Lore to do a full-on article on food and drink from the books and link it with a contest for custom food/drink cards. Sounds like I need to redouble my task! I would try a more offensive approach with Tactics:

Dorwinion Red

Attachment

Cost 2

Play Dorwinion Red in the staging area. The next eligible enemy added to the staging area enters play exhausted. Exhausted enemies to not make engagement checks. If engaged, it cannot attack and does not count it's DEF while being attacked.

“It must be a potent wine to make a wood-elf drowsy; but this wine, it would seem, was the heady vintage of the great gardens of Dorwinion..." --The Hobbit

Well to nit-pick a bit:

Exhausted is not a condition meant for encounter cards; when would they refresh? (rule book only touches on cards controlled by players being refreshed iirc). Maybe it would be better to attach Dorwinion Red to the enemy in question, then apply the relevant effects and have it be discarded, if attached to an enemy, at the end of the round.

I also happen to think that it is WAY to powerful for a cost of only 2, but that is another matter.

Like the idea of it though ;)

Dorwinion Red

Attachment

Cost 2

Well to nit-pick a bit:

Exhausted is not a condition meant for encounter cards; when would they refresh? (rule book only touches on cards controlled by players being refreshed iirc). Maybe it would be better to attach Dorwinion Red to the enemy in question, then apply the relevant effects and have it be discarded, if attached to an enemy, at the end of the round.

I also happen to think that it is WAY to powerful for a cost of only 2, but that is another matter.

Like the idea of it though ;)

I meant it as a joke, exhausting the enemy to show that he had fallen down drunk from the wine :) Who knows, maybe I can take your suggestion and make it into a proper card.

Orc Draught

Canceling all of the damage is too powerful. 

Than perhaps something similar to "cancel all damage just dealt & ready attached character, then deal [1] damage to that character". You know, a hangover type of deal. 

I think that that is still too powerful, depending on the cost of the attachment.