Sign in to follow this  
R22

Anybody going to want extra TIE/Advances?

Just out of curiosity. I foresee myself only wanting to keep maybe a single, two at most, squadron of TIE/Adv. It just doesn't feel thematic to me to have a lot on the board. I know it's early but does anybody think they'd want the 1-3 extra squadrons I think I'll have (complete with stands, cards, etc. of course)?

I'd be interested in any other squadron type except TIE/Lns and X-wings since you already get 6 & 4 of each respectively just in the core set alone.

Edited by R22

Just out of curiosity. I foresee myself only wanting to keep maybe a single, two at most, squadron of TIE/Adv. It just doesn't feel thematic to me to have a lot on the board. I know it's early but does anybody think they'd want the 1-3 extra squadrons I think I'll have (complete with stands, cards, etc. of course)?

I'd be interested in any other squadron type except TIE/Lns and X-wings since you already get 6 & 4 of each respectively just in the core set alone.

R22! What business, does a Rebel sympathiser have in speculating what Imperial players will or will not do? Hehehe! J/K J/K J/K!!!

My friend, I've ordered two Imperial Starfighter expansion packs -I'm definitely going to put those TIE Advanceds to work one way or another! Hehe.

I mean, there's always Vader, right? He's got to feature somewhere at some point in one of our games! ...man, I can SO hear the Imperial March tune in my head right now. : :lol:

Well this is going to be a game that will develope fast if players are talking about trading models a couple months before the product gets here. Should we start a Pre-Order trade thread? J/K :D

I would hold off talk of trade till we get a couple of games in becuase they could turn out to be good. Without the complete rules in hand we maybe missing something.

I also don't remember a miniature game with this much excitement in the Pre-Release stage happening before. I am quite impressed.

I'm probably only going to want to keep 2-3 Advances, but I'll want 6 Bombers (ish), 6 Interceptors, so I'm either going to need 3 Fighter xpacs or do some trades (I don't really need 12 TIE Fighters either).

If we're going to fire up some trades, I'd be happy to end up with an extra interceptor and 3 extra bombers. To trade I will have 2 extra fighters.

For the Rebels I will most likely end up with 5 spare X-wings and 1 B-Wing, and will need 1 each A-Wing and Y-Wing.

Edit: Forgot for a moment that I ordered 2 cores... Anyone need 8 Tie Fighters and 9 spare X-wings? Also is it just me, or do the ratios in the fighter packs need to be adjusted :P Maybe I'll just wait until wave two to see if they come out with packs of individuals before going crazy on the fighters.

Edited by CobaltWraith

... I'm definitely going to put those TIE Advanceds to work one way or another! Hehe...

They are a bit small to convert, but it might be possible to mod them into TIE/Ints.  The cards and base plaques could be a problem...

It might be good to hold onto yours for the inevitable, massive, Epic scale games :)  With the 14 to 16 TIE/Ln squadrons on the board from my 2 Cores, I can definitely justify 2 to 4 flights of TIE/X's.

... I'm definitely going to put those TIE Advanceds to work one way or another! Hehe...

They are a bit small to convert, but it might be possible to mod them into TIE/Ints.  The cards and base plaques could be a problem...

It might be good to hold onto yours for the inevitable, massive, Epic scale games :)  With the 14 to 16 TIE/Ln squadrons on the board from my 2 Cores, I can definitely justify 2 to 4 flights of TIE/X's.

You only get 6 squadrons per core, so you will be at 12. Still not sure why people are going with two cores since you can get all the ships and a fighter pack of your choice for the same amount. I guess for the extra damage cards, dice and ruler?

TIE Avengers (if we want to use the proper nickname) are probably easier to convert into bombers, since they have the same curved sails. You just need to add a secondary missile tube between them.

You only get 6 squadrons per core, so you will be at 12. Still not sure why people are going with two cores since you can get all the ships and a fighter pack of your choice for the same amount. I guess for the extra damage cards, dice and ruler?

TIE Avengers (if we want to use the proper nickname) are probably easier to convert into bombers, since they have the same curved sails. You just need to add a secondary missile tube between them.

These aren't Avengers, they are Tie Advanced x1's, a much less refined ship. The TIE Avenger was based on and improved from the x1, and looked quite different.