Sign in to follow this  
executor

Move on over Rebels

so my collection of miniatures has now officially outgrown my Plano tackle box with the arrival of the third faction.   As such the entire collection of my rebel forces have been demoted (or promoted, depending on which way you look at it) to my display case to be with the excess ships and extras that i just don't find the time to fit in lists

I almost never play the rebels anyways and don't have much of an interest in playing rebels anymore, at all really

is anyone else in the same mind frame as i'm in?

IMG_1581.jpg

I have a Plano 732 with a whole tray waiting for my S&V to arrive.

Mine is just about maxed out.  I was able to fit the S&V I bought in smaller, separate bin that fits in the upper section, but the relegated my epic ships to shelf display.  I can maybe handle a few more Scyks and maybe another StarViper, but after that, she's done.

Battle foam 720...  you can add pack 216s or pack plus as your fleet grows,,  they zip together.. just saying...

i can't justify a few hundred dollars on battlefoam when the tackle box cost me $20

besides. I touch my rebel ships maybe once every 3-4 months for a game or two and realize i just don't enjoy it as much as empire

Poor Boba, getting put in the corner. He should probably get out of there soon with Scum out:)

Edit: I tend to agree, though, that there are now enough ships where there are plenty that just don't see playtime. I don't know how much scum I'll play, for example, and I play very few rebel builds. I'd be interested to know if newer players are going all in or are being more selective.

Edited by AlexW

I always play rebels for the most part, and feel the scum pack has just added some needed flavour to the game for existing players. Don't see the scum being a new player attraction however. That said, they are the only faction with any reasonable stock available at my LGS. The existing players have essentially bought out the stock on 90% of the \Rebel and Imperial X-wing minis with limited reprint stock arriving.

Some of the new Y-wing only cards have got me thinking of alternate uses for that ship in my builds. I have had great success with Y-wings during game play, even if I lose it is usually a very tight game, which is great fun. One sided matches are for tournaments and honestly are no fun at all for myself to be a part of. I don't see any reason to discontinue using Rebels, they are my go to. Everyone has a like though.

so my collection of miniatures has now officially outgrown my Plano tackle box with the arrival of the third faction.   As such the entire collection of my rebel forces have been demoted (or promoted, depending on which way you look at it) to my display case to be with the excess ships and extras that i just don't find the time to fit in lists

I almost never play the rebels anyways and don't have much of an interest in playing rebels anymore, at all really

is anyone else in the same mind frame as i'm in?

Yes, pretty much, except for me it's scum that I have no intention to play.  Imperials + Rebels fit well into my Plano box, with maybe just enough room for one more wave.  

I have a Plano 732 with a whole tray waiting for my S&V to arrive.

Mine is just about maxed out.  I was able to fit the S&V I bought in smaller, separate bin that fits in the upper section, but the relegated my epic ships to shelf display.  I can maybe handle a few more Scyks and maybe another StarViper, but after that, she's done.

Time to get another!

Poor Boba, getting put in the corner. He should probably get out of there soon with Scum out:)

Edit: I tend to agree, though, that there are now enough ships where there are plenty that just don't see playtime. I don't know how much scum I'll play, for example, and I play very few rebel builds. I'd be interested to know if newer players are going all in or are being more selective.

that's only 1 of my 3 firespray's. and i can only fit 2 in scum lists and i have no intention of playing a 3 bounty hunter list anymore. so he's officially my display piece :)