Sign in to follow this  
CruzinToVictory

Percentage of Scum in Tournaments this Weekend

Now that (mostly) everyone has S&V, what are your predictions as to how many scum lists you'll see this weekend?

On one hand everyone just got their hands on these ships and are excited to fly them. On the other hand, everyone just got their hands on these ships and haven't really had time to practice with them...

Edited by CruzinToVictory

I'll have almost everything in time, but apparently Team Covenant printed the shipping label on Tuesday but didn't actually put my Scyks in the mail until late last night, so I won't have my Scyks in time for the Saturday SC I'm attending.

I general, I suspect that people with Scum will want to get them on the table. The people not running Scum will be those who don't have any yet, or who are both very experienced with a particular list and very determined to win.

I'm guessing 15% or so. It's just too new for a lot of players to have their fleets ready to go. I'd love to be wrong. Did have my first tabletop match against them last night (two Mangler Scyks, two Hot Shot Soldiers, and a Blaster Turret Warthog), and they were everything I wanted to see.

Next weekend, I'd expect close to 35%.

Agreed on the casual portion. The tournament I'm going to isn't a SC, so I expect it to be pretty laid back. For that reason I plan on flying a Scum list that I've never flown before (being delivered today) just because I want to try it out. Should be fun to see!

I think you'll see quite a bit of scum. Players will be relatively inexperienced with them, but so will players facing scum.

Its not like there is anything new we haven't know about scum for months. People have been flying Zs, HWKs, FSs, and Ys forever now. I plan to bring something "comfortable" this weekend.

Edited by Jo Jo

So let's see....I'd say 75% ish

50%; Half the people playing with their brand new Scum and Villainy stuff they just can’t wait to hit the tables with (35% of that will be 2 IG2000s)

25%; Rebel Scum!

So yes 75% Scum I’d say, with a 35% chance of IG2000’s!

Well unfortunately as soon as FFG put up their "Scum is NOW in stores" post it became officially legal...Weird that those stores don't have it yet. Distributors already shipped a restock in AZ and are supposedly OUT at this point so get it while it's hot!!!

Now that (mostly) everyone has S&V

I wouldn't assume that. Not everyone pre-orders online, and a lot of stores are having issues getting all of the scum expansions in. 

Our local tournament is allowing proxies this weekend for a practice tournament with an old tourney kit, and I expect at least 50% scum faction players and about 90% of players to be using Wave VI cards. There's always at least one player that doesn't care (or doesn't know) about the new stuff.

Maybe a few people will run a scum squad here BUT there will be cards used to upgrade ships. I know there will be Autothruster Fel but I'm thinking of NaviFett with the Andrasta title To have plenty of Seismics to hand out

We had our Store Champinoship today. We had 13 people to start, but by the end, there were only 11. I know for sure there were at least

3 Scum squads

6 Imperial squads

2 Rebel squads

So Scum wasn't as dominated as some people anticipated. The Scum squads were pretty different too. One squad (the winner) was 4 Scum Y-wings. The other squad had some M3-As, I think (I'm not sure what else). Mine was the only dual-Aggressor list.

I was really hoping for turrets for IG-88 to chew through, but there was only one Decimator today and no YTs. I didn't get paired with the Decimator. :(

Our store championship today had 25 people of those I only saw 3 scum lists mine and 2 others. There was a rebel list with 2 y-wings with the BTL-A4 title and an imperial list running a sootir with auto thrusters. Other than that it looked very much like any other wave 5 turret heavy meta. I would say the majority of the players played rebel. (I didn't see every list so I may have missed something)

I top 8ed with 2x Syndicate thugs + BTL-A4 + Ion cannon Turret + r4 Agromech

Boba Fett + VI + Engine Upgrade + Tactician + Interial Dampeners + Slave 1 + Flechette Torpedoes 

If I had to do it over again I would load out Boba differently or drop down to Kath.