Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

No Wave 7 preview yet - I BLAME ARMADA!

Yup. The only thing I really need this year for X-Wing coming is at least the announcement for a capital ship for S&V. Then, if something more arrives, I'm happy, if not... I will rejoice of the incredible agility of some of the new ships and keep on flying casual ;)

Maybe they are listening to the requests for fewer previews and having them closer to release...

I hope this is the case. I'd be OK with waiting a couple months before finding out which wave FFG will schedule for June and actually release at GenCon. Raider spoilers and store championships in the meantime will keep us occupied.

i'd rather FFG keeps up this trend of spoilers on the low side of things

many of us still haven't got our wave 6 stuff yet.  I for one would like to start playing and enjoying wave 6 for at least a couple of months before wave 7 spoilers come out and push our thinking towards what doesn't yet exist versus what's in front of us now

Ok ok ok I'll be willing to forgive Armada if FFG simple says "Surprise!  Raider in stores next week!" with no spoilers... or come April we get a vague teaser for Wave 7 that simply says what the ships are without any spoilers, and the announcement that they are going to be in stores within a week or two!  

Like... I hope wave 7 is actually on the Boat NOW. 

Ok ok ok I'll be willing to forgive Armada if FFG simple says "Surprise!  Raider in stores next week!" with no spoilers... or come April we get a vague teaser for Wave 7 that simply says what the ships are without any spoilers, and the announcement that they are going to be in stores within a week or two!  

Wave 7 should come out next year and the Raider now  

Unless, of course, it is something I want then it's okay. :D

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

Except, you cannot have the stores find out so late, so information will leak out to us about Wave 7 once the stores get their pre-order sheets. We will know about products at least 3 months ahead of time. How much they spoil of the product is a different matter. 

Just thought I should mention for all those who don't want FFG to release spoilers and previews at the pace they have for the last couple of years there exisit a compromise that would satisfy both camps.

If you don't like the spoiler and preview pace you can individually slow it down to whatever speed you desire.

Its called not checking the FFG site and forums.

Using this incredibled advanced prototype technique called "choice" you can "choose" to not pay attention to the previews and spoilers.

FFG then could release said information at the same speed and you can remain completely oblivious.

See, the really great thing about this "choice" option is that it achieves your desired goal without hampering the desired information pace of the community around you.

Now I know the concept of not trying to "impose" yourselves on others will be strange and foreign to many of you.  But just try and imagine a huge, dynamic, and restless community that carries on without you and may not appreciate your trying to influence the speed of information.

I'm not saying you can't ask.

I'm just wondering my you would when you have control over the speed that you accept that information at an individual level without conflicting with others around you.

Just thought I should mention for all those who don't want FFG to release spoilers and previews at the pace they have for the last couple of years there exisit a compromise that would satisfy both camps.

If you don't like the spoiler and preview pace you can individually slow it down to whatever speed you desire.

Its called not checking the FFG site and forums.

Using this incredibled advanced prototype technique called "choice" you can "choose" to not pay attention to the previews and spoilers.

FFG then could release said information at the same speed and you can remain completely oblivious.

See, the really great thing about this "choice" option is that it achieves your desired goal without hampering the desired information pace of the community around you.

Now I know the concept of not trying to "impose" yourselves on others will be strange and foreign to many of you.  But just try and imagine a huge, dynamic, and restless community that carries on without you and may not appreciate your trying to influence the speed of information.

I'm not saying you can't ask.

I'm just wondering my you would when you have control over the speed that you accept that information at an individual level without conflicting with others around you.

that's absolute nonsense and you know it.  Anybody who plays with a local group of people will always be in the knowledge of what's to come whether they read the forums or not.  i get spoilers regularly on FB and from the people i play with on a regular basis

perhaps i should just stop going out to play altogether. then maybe i won't have to worry about spoilers

also you misunderstand the point i'm trying to get across.  i do love spoilers. but there is a time and place for them and spoiling future stuff before anyone even get the current stuff in their hands makes the current wave of ships feel "underwhelming"

think of it this way. A car manufacturer introduces a new car they'd like to sell in the market. Do you really think it would be wise of them to release teasers of another new car in the same price range before the new one has even landed in the dealerships?  if they did this, they'd likely sell a lot less of their product

the same holds true to this game. there was a point where i had to have enough of everything to maximize 100pts of each ship. Now with all these spoilers constantly coming in i'm very hesitant to buy more than 1-2 of each new ship that releases. and it's been that way ever since wave 4 for me

i didn't even pick up a yt2400 for these reasons

I haven't cared for the last two waves. Show me some cool Imperial fighters before I lose complete interest in this game!

Defenders aren't cool?

Phantoms aren't cool?

Firesprays aren't cool?

Did I miss a meeting?

yes it was the "i hate the EU" meeting

there were only a few in attendance and all they talked about was wave 1 ships and the glory days