Sign in to follow this  
Acolyte Rivan

Order of Kellos Expansion Complete

Parathion said:

The Order members cannot be healed in the Temple during Restock / Visit / Recuperate (recuperating in the wild doesn´t heal any hero, by the way, this is only sensible in a city) - unless Acolyte Rivan makes that an exception.

As for the Healing ability in the campaign, we were discussing to let the Order members keep it. My hero group said "no way" to the OOK expansion, when I told them that one of their key Order abilities was taken away from them in the campaign.

The Focus weapons are still kind of an issue. My understanding of the rules was that you had to Focus - Attack as your two half-actions in the same turn to make any use of them (rendering them to be of pretty situational use).

I think this was to be addressed in the next OOK FAQ version, unfortunately it has not been released yet.

Parathion said:

The Order members cannot be healed in the Temple during Restock / Visit / Recuperate (recuperating in the wild doesn´t heal any hero, by the way, this is only sensible in a city) - unless Acolyte Rivan makes that an exception.

As for the Healing ability in the campaign, we were discussing to let the Order members keep it. My hero group said "no way" to the OOK expansion, when I told them that one of their key Order abilities was taken away from them in the campaign.

Working on the FAQ still. But here are answers as the stand now. Healing is now allowed in RTL campaign. It cannot be performed while the party is on the Overland map. Since the primary means of generating conquest for the OL is hero death, the OL receives 1 conquest each time a healing roll is attempted. Meditate for the heroes now costs 3 MP to use. The power die used in Meditate scales automatically with the campaign level. The same goes for the base power die in the Order member's Prayer roll. All other dice added to a roll start at base (Black) level. For Healing, I'm thinking about allowing Order members to use their Magic trait dice as trained for the healing roll. For example, if your Order member has upgraded his base 3 Magic trait dice by purchasing a fourth Black die and then uprading 2 of those 4 dice to Silver, they would roll 1 White, 1 Green, 2 Black, and 2 Silver as their healing roll. Up to 5 dice may be added to the roll at the normal rate.

Parathion said:

The Focus weapons are still kind of an issue. My understanding of the rules was that you had to Focus - Attack as your two half-actions in the same turn to make any use of them (rendering them to be of pretty situational use).

I think this was to be addressed in the next OOK FAQ version, unfortunately it has not been released yet.

The hero may perform a focus action as their second half-action and attack on their following turn by using their first half action. Leadership would allow someone to Focus, Concentrate, and Attack.

Not mentioned in this question, but a change anyway: shadow spaces. The opposition now moves your figure if you roll a blank instead of an enhancement when moving from a shadow space. Your figure's movement ends if you roll an enhancement (you may not spend movement points for movement, but you may spend them on something else).

Chris

Awesome, thanks for the update Rivan.  So now the heroes can heal an unlimited number of times in a dungeon, but not on the overland map.  But the OL scores 1 CQ for each heal attempt, interesting.  I assume the 1 CQ for the overlord only applies to campaign play?  The rest looks like it makes sense, thanks a lot for the update!  Especially that bit about Shadow tiles, I haven't played DOOK yet, but plan to as soon as I can and was considering house-ruling it to that.  I wanted to play it first before we made any changes though.  Thanks a lot for the update and all your work on the expansion!

The one scenario I did for Descent: Midnight had the colour of monster cards that were drawn based off of the last colour of rune door the heroes had opened. Thus, yellow monsters after a yellow rune door, blue after blue, and red after red. For those people who are unfamiliar with Runebound or Midnight, the heroes start off facing green monsters and progress through progressively tougher yellow, blue and red monsters.

Acolyte Rivan said:

The one scenario I did for Descent: Midnight had the colour of monster cards that were drawn based off of the last colour of rune door the heroes had opened. Thus, yellow monsters after a yellow rune door, blue after blue, and red after red. For those people who are unfamiliar with Runebound or Midnight, the heroes start off facing green monsters and progress through progressively tougher yellow, blue and red monsters.

Okay! You used a software to do your Order of Kellos? When I do the French translation which should I use? happy.gif

Acolyte Rivan said:

I used OpenOffice to produce The Order of Kellos and a photoshop program to create all of the cards and maps. Good luck on your translating effort!

Is it possible to use your files? So I just would have to change the text and keep your wonderful setup work? angel.gif

Hi,

this is my first entry in this forum.

Acolyte Rivan, thanks for your great work. Ceraleth and The Keeper are a little noisy.

I have corrected that by using a fast-fourier analysis. In the picture below the colors are not corrected, but i`ve already made it. If you are interested in this version just contact me.

Cataleth-vergleich.jpg

Greetings,

Slidr

€: I think all the town items need an improvement too....

Thanks for your input Slidr. I don't have a fourier analysis option available on my photoshop, but I do have Despeckle and I can't believe I didn't try that before. Even that little bit cleaned the images up. It has been some time since I uploaded my content however, so I don't think I'll be adding yet another version of the Order of Kellos cards to the forums.

Another Version would be great, but i also understand that things gets boring after a while.

Before i am printing out my Version i am thinking about translating and graphic-improving it  here and there. Is it possible to get your source-files for the project?

I don`t want to change content though. 

Regards,

Slidr

XmenDynasty,

i`ve mailed Acolyte Rivan already, just waiting to get the files.

If there is enough to clean up and it really looks better after printing i will post them (if Acolyt Rivan agrees with that).

Since i have not much sparetime at the moment (university keeps me busy) and i have to finish my paintjobs i dont know how fast the touch-up will be. it might take some weeks up to some months. 

Greetings,

Slidr

Hi guys,

after thinking about how to set up/correct/recreate cards for  descent+addons i came to the idea to code a tool for this purpose either in Java or in a script language used by a mathprogram called matlab. but why inventing the wheel again? some tools were mentioned here in the forums or on boardgamegeek but all are lacking some need options. after some search i`ve found  a tool called "Magic Set Editor" (magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/) which seems to be absolutly perfect for this task!  It allows one to define a gamesystem with different types of cards as templates. these templates contain only some basic information how a card should look like and which options can be chosen for a card. This system seems to be very flexible which is good..but there is always a downside to flexibility: at the moment there exist no templates for descent! Furthermore there is no guide on how to create them properly...

Just to be sure: is there a tool out there which allows one to recreate every card type of the game?

if not, ill start creating these templates. which might take a lot of time, depending on the complexity of the script behind the Magic Set Editor.

After this adventure ill come back to this "Order of Kellos" and continue translation and correction of some images...

Thanks,

Slidr

OMG someone finally found the program, I've been waiting forever for this day. I'll be glad to test your version of the card formats in MSE if you would like, and I'm sure if you ask around on the MSE forums, Pichoro or wikucardfreak (Or whatever his login is) would be glad to help out some, even if it's just basic instructions and tutorials. Best of luck to you, hope this goes through, because if it does it'll revolutionize the modding community and process for Descent :3

Hi everyone,

i`ve had a look into everything and i think its absolutely doable, but i need the time..and furthermore some more tutorials are needed, because the syntax of MSE is not totally  understandable by just looking through some of the templates which come with the MSE. 

Thanks Tadask Nezerull for the link, but as far as the tutorials are they are only a list of programs i need (and which i actually have..so the first really hard step is done ;) ). But further tutorials will come and i will start as fast as i can (which means: after doing my university tests).

As the topic changes somewhat to only "templates" i would suggest that no further comments are made on this topic.  I will start a new topic in the homebew section when the time is right and the project has started.

So please comment only on "The order of Kellos Expansion" from now on.

Have a nice new year,

Slidr