Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Boss Red Seven

BRING THE OTANA!!!

93 posts in this topic

How desperate can these scum be if they have to hobble together any freighter they can find to fight the Empire?

Why not, when these freighters seem perfectly capable of eating those flying coffins the Empire tries to pass off as starfighters for breakfast?

Edited by DR4CO

If they do I would make it the kind of ship that is a solo list. Not sure if that's fun or not, but that would be accurate and unique. Maybe 4 dice turret or a hard point.

But they shouldn't. Enough turrets.

Edited by TasteTheRainbow
Radzap and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

I don't think we'd see any more proliferation of turreted lists if the YT-2000 was released- I think we're pretty much saturated in that regard. We might see a greater diversity in the lists with three different ships to pick from, but I think it's more likely either the YT-2400 or YT-2000 would end up marginalized since they'd both occupy the same spot in between the Outer Rim Smuggler and the Falcon.

So, unfortunately, I think Otana fans are going to have to make due with conversions for now.

Edited by Squark

Love this ship, but a 3die turret and cannon slots is probably a bit much.

How about a YT2400 + Firespray hybrid? 

Large Base

Printed Arcs 2 (Primary, Auxiliary) 

Pilot Skill: 1 (Teir 0)

Attack: 2 Turreted 

Agility: 2

Hull: 4

Shield: 6

Actions: Focus, Target Lock, Evade 

Upgrade Bar: Turret, Crew, Missile, Torpedo

Teir 0 Costs: 29-31

Title: Otana, YT-2000 Only.  

Cost: 2

"When Attacking inside your Firing Arc increase your Primary Attack Value by 1."

----

How's that for a Frankenstein / Platapus ship? 

I'm iffy on the action bar, Teir 0 PS, and points cost. But it could work.  

stmack likes this

Yes please. Relive the days of XWA.

And then....*cue sarcasm*....

YT-Aces.

That's right. A 1300, 2000, and 2400, in one pack. With a big middle finger directed at the imps on the back of the box.

*end sarcasm*

For real, I'm dying to have this.

I say bring everything absolutely possible to this wonderful badass game, and beloved universe!

:wub:

I don't care if moody gamers don't like it... go play your own best version of the game with the handful of ships you like then!

:angry::P:lol:

I love his ship. I would love to have a model of it and to be able to fly it. I don't think it would even affect the meta too much, I mean big turreted ship is already a thing. I'm just not sure what would make it not a Falcon. Heck we need falcon reprints, we could make it a falcon reprint. Like an aces pack, alternate YT ships same stats, some new pilots and stuff, hell I'd buy it.

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

This could be a good basis for a Scum turret (Smuggler/Pirate...Perhaps even Jabba himself). Add in some Illicit items, perhaps a Salvaged Mech Unique (C1-10P; Chopper), some Scum/Bounty Hunters as Crew, maybe even some new S&V only weapons options.

(EDIT) Ninja'd by JESIV.

Edited by kell553
Joe Boss Red Seven and JESIV like this

Yup... something like these big YT ships works for S&V to go with the wonderful Firespray-31!

:D

As long as it's not another ugly saucer.

YV-series is prettier than YTs, if Scum get anything it oughta be those. 330 or 929 are excellent.

I like the odds on this one.

As noted in the OP, FFG already has done art for it (and that's been a pretty consistent indicator in the past).

Secondly, the only 'named' pilot we have for it is Ace Azzameen.  And his brother, Emon, we already have in the game, as a Scum Firespray pilot.  "BUT WAIT!", you say, "ACE FLEW FOR THE REBELLION!".  Sure, he did... in X-Wings, B-Wings, etc.  Never in the Otana - he only ever flew that ship when he was going 'off on his own'... his business that was specifically not for the Rebellion or Empire.  Like, say, a third faction's business.

Finally... both the Empire (now), and Rebels have primary-attack-turreted ships.  Scum do not (neither the Y-Wing nor HWK makes a 360 attack as a primary attack).

Sooo... a YT-2000 uses art we already have commissioned, uses a pilot whose family is already in the game in the third faction, and would provide to that third faction capability they don't currently have...

Yeah, I like those odds.

Edited by xanderf

I like the odds on this one.

As noted in the OP, FFG already has done art for it (and that's been a pretty consistent indicator in the past).

Secondly, the only 'named' pilot we have for it is Ace Azzameen.  And his brother, Emon, we already have in the game, as a Scum Firespray pilot.  "BUT WAIT!", you say, "ACE FLEW FOR THE REBELLION!".  Sure, he did... in X-Wings, B-Wings, etc.  Never in the Otana - he only ever flew that ship when he was going 'off on his own'... his business that was specifically not for the Rebellion or Empire.  Like, say, a third faction's business.

Finally... both the Empire (now), and Rebels have primary-attack-turreted ships.  Scum do not (neither the Y-Wing nor HWK makes a 360 attack as a primary attack).

Sooo... a YT-2000 uses art we already have commissioned, uses a pilot whose family is already in the game in the third faction, and would provide to that third faction capability they don't currently have...

Yeah, I like those odds.

Remembah this?

intimidation.jpg

Sure some of you do! Many people went Nah NAH NAH!

Turned out YAH YAH YAH!

:D

Just say'n my fellow Star Brothers.

<_<

IvlerIin likes this

Not the only one, either.  Another recent example off the top of my head was the wave 4 prediction of the wave 5's YT-2400 in the art...

outmaneuver.png

...FFG tends to commission art in batches, and the objects used in them (and, if you follow all of FFG's games from card to art to RPGs) are FREQUENTLY re-used.

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

Not the only one, either.  Another recent example off the top of my head was the wave 4 prediction of the wave 5's YT-2400 in the art...

outmaneuver.png

...FFG tends to commission art in batches, and the objects used in them (and, if you follow all of FFG's games from card to art to RPGs) are FREQUENTLY re-used.

DAT too!

:lol:

outmaneuver.png

I did not notice till now, but that picture also showed the yt2000 doing a barrel roll. See the contrail coming off the cockpit section? See it circling away.