Sign in to follow this  
darthdoug

AT-RT

Can someone please tell me why Fantasy Flight would illustrate AT-RTs on page 49 of Stay On Target and then not give us the stats???  I've looked through all the other supplements (I have them all) and cannot find it.  If any of you out there know where they are please point me to them.  They are needed for the adventure I am writing.

There are plenty of artwork that depicts things we havent gotten stats for. Most likely the image was drawn by an artist without any specific intention behind where to put it and it fit with the layout and feel they wanted for that page so they slapped it in.
Could use some AT-RT stats myself, havent seen them in any of the AoR stuff ive read, havent checked EotE though. Im sure we will get them eventually.

Start with the AT-PT from EotE pg 253 and work from there.

What I would do would be to swap the light blasters for a single auto-blaster, reduce armour to 1, passengers to 0 and make handling +1 or even +2.   Maybe even drop HT to 4 but raise SS to 6.  Speed I would leave at 2 as it is no where near as fast as a speeder bike.

If any of you out there know where they are please point me to them.  They are needed for the adventure I am writing.

I'd suggest you bounce over to the EotE forums and make use of the GM section. There you can talk about the entire encounter you have planned so we can help you stat it properly. Hygric's probably on about the right track, but I see some serious possible issues with what he suggests.

As for the artwork, I think FFG is doing what AEG does with their Legend of the Five Rings games, and having artwork from the card game serve double-duty in the RPG.  Recycling artwork that FFG has already purchased helps to cut down on the development costs, particularly for a core rulebook, which in turn makes the RPG product line more profitable, and thus more likely that they'll continue to produce new RPG sourcebooks.

As for the artwork, I think FFG is doing what AEG does with their Legend of the Five Rings games, and having artwork from the card game serve double-duty in the RPG.  Recycling artwork that FFG has already purchased helps to cut down on the development costs, particularly for a core rulebook, which in turn makes the RPG product line more profitable, and thus more likely that they'll continue to produce new RPG sourcebooks.

And it doesn't bother me a bit, because for those of us who aren't card gamers, it's a chance to see some of the best Star Wars art yet commissioned.

Also keep in mind that Fantasy Flight has something like half a dozen Star Wars lines going right now:

• Star Wars RPG
  • Star Wars LCG
  • X-Wing Miniatures
  • Armada
  • Imperial Assault
  • Rebellion Vs Empire

There will probably be some sharing between lines--if they've paid for a piece of art and they have space to fill and it's suitable...

I believe it was stated by one of the developers, possibly in connection with the Enter the Unknown book, that they commission artwork for a set number of vessels. Then maybe one of those gets cut due to space issues, but the artwork has already been made and paid for so they use it anyway. It makes sense to me; it would be a crying shame to scrap the kind of awesome illustrations FFG uses just because one out of 2-3 ships in the picture isn't in the book.

Hey darthdoug,

Try taking a look at the compiled resources, specifically Bastion Kains blog. I have found several invaluable resources including the "Shipyard" which does include the AT-RT stats (under Walkers), although they may be home brew. I have the "Shipyard" file as a favorite on my computer. Really helps out in a pinch.

Here's the link

http://bastionkainssweote.blogspot.ca/p/shipyard.html

This will take you right there

Hope this helps

R2D2fan

Edited by R2D2fan

Hey darthdoug,

Try taking a look at the compiled resources, specifically Bastion Kains blog. I have found several invaluable resources including the "Shipyard" which does include the AT-RT stats (under Walkers), although they may be home brew. I have the "Shipyard" file as a favorite on my computer. Really helps out in a pinch.

Here's the link

http://bastionkainssweote.blogspot.ca/p/shipyard.html

This will take you right there

Hope this helps

R2D2fan

While I recognize the effort Bastion Kain put into that, I see some rather glaring issues with some of those stats and have to reccomend you not use them without making some revisions.

And it doesn't bother me a bit, because for those of us who aren't card gamers, it's a chance to see some of the best Star Wars art yet commissioned.

And much larger! I was buying the card game for a while just for the art, but I had to give up because doing that was silly. Hopefully we get it all eventually in the rpg! :)

There are things in the books that are given stats but no art, and things that are give art but no stats. Both are fine by me. I can google image search any piece of the Star Wars universe I need a picture of. Pictures in RPG books are mostly eye candy and decoration anyway.

I am firmly in the camp of show me cool Star Wars art.