Sign in to follow this  
player1683144

Trap in catacombs

Please help, I have trouble! When in Catacombs i draw trap card "Ceiling collapse" i cant resolve it because there is no chamber tile in Catacombs. What should i do then?

When you're moving in the catacombs you should only be drawing Catacombs Cards. There are no "Ceiling Collapse" (I'm guessing you meant Cave-In) or Trapdoor cards in the Catacombs deck.

In the Revised version, there are. The decks are not self-contained; there  are duplicates of common cards across several decks.By that I mean , there are hidden trap cards that instruct you to draw a  card from the trap deck and resolve it.

The easiest way is obviously to ignore  the ceiling collapses trap. It has no effect. There are enough bad things that can happen to you. Accept this as an omen of good fortune and move on.. The same way you ignnore the Curse of the Wizard card if there are no corridor tiles in play.

However, the way we play ceiling collapses in the Catacombs: you rotate the chamber from which you entered the catacombs(if your travel marker is still there).

(There will be times when even your travel marker relocates to uncharted terrirtory( Giant Naga). )

For Trapdoor in the catacombs: suffer one wound and move on. The card has no further effect.

Edited by zealot12