Sign in to follow this  
phild0

FFG Posts about S&V in Store Champs

Ah but debris fields are still illegal, eh?

For now, but that's part of why I'm so excited to see what's in this new tourney document.

If debris fields are still illegal after that, then FFG really dropped the ball.

Debris fields will never be standard tournament legal, every player has 6 asteroids, not everyone has debris fields.

For now, but that's part of why I'm so excited to see what's in this new tourney document.

If debris fields are still illegal after that, then FFG really dropped the ball.

Debris fields will never be standard tournament legal, every player has 6 asteroids, not everyone has debris fields.

That's not really a convincing argument...

If it was, the only ships and upgrades allowed would be from the core set.

It would not be too hard to add a rule that players are allowed to replace their asteroid placement with another official obstactle token. Players would be responsible for providing their own replacement tokens, just like they're responsible for providing their own ships, cards, upgardes, and dials.

It would not be too hard to add a rule that players are allowed to replace their asteroid placement with another official obstactle token. Players would be responsible for providing their own replacement tokens, just like they're responsible for providing their own ships, cards, upgardes, and dials.

Doesn't it already say that in the debris fields description? That it replaces an asteroid. I think we just want it to become an official tournament ruling. 

Edited by Deltmi

I personally prefer asteroids only (if all six obstacles are debris, Dash is ridiculous).

You're right - poor Dash. If he gets nerfed by this he will disappear from the meta entirely.

I think he meant that Dash would be even better with debris fields, since they don't stop you from shooting in the Combat Phase.

Until there is a Core Set with Defined Debris tokens OR Debris tokens provided by TOs, they shouldn't be tourney legal is my vote on the sublect.

Yes I see the argument to treat them like upgrades, but if that's the case there are other issues like "Can I drop the same debris token as my opponent?" etc etc and they would defintley need to come out in more ships than just the Decimator and Outrider. (BUT all this can be done)

You don't face the same upgardes or even types of upgrades in every game, but you would be facing debris and the additonal rules they bring every single game. Seems like too much for new players not only because of the rules, but also because they most likely won't own any debris of their own. (BUT once again, there are lots of different ships, upgrades, and manuvers for new players to learn, so why not throw in more stuff!)

This argument can be made either way and actually could probably go either way. I say they need to be a "Core Item" and others will say treat them like "Upgrades".

Doesn't it already say that in the debris fields description? That it replaces an asteroid. I think we just want it to become an official tournament ruling. 

No there are no rules for Debris in the Tourney Rules at all.  As was stated many want there to be, but IMO Dash does become really strong with their inclusion.

Seems like too much for new players not only because of the rules

If a player is so new they can't deal with debris then they shouldn't be playing tournaments. It's not like they're that much more complex than asteroids.

but also because they most likely won't own any debris of their own.

Why would that matter?

Make them usable only with the opponent's consent.

I expect that will be what they do, if they let them be used.