Sign in to follow this  
kinnison

Fly Casual!!

I was surprised to have this, but my FLGS (I now can add the F) had a copy for me along with Lords of Nal Hutta.  I just did a quick read and I have to say:

THIS IS THE BEST SUPPLEMENT YET!

Seriously.  it is all sorts of awesome

The new talents are prefect and quick useful, the species are some of my favorites.  Some cool new weapons, Equipment, and armor.  Including... get this... SHOCK BOOTS!  it is like shock gloves but footwear. LOL

SOme highlights on Equpment:

Stingbeam.  A holdout blaster that has a range of "Engaged"  Dam 5, Crit 3, and vicious 1

Static Pistol: Damage 2 crit 4, Disorient 1, Stun 8

Scatter gun Damage 6, Blast 3, Knockdown

Flechette Pistol (has guided 3)

Cryoban Projector.. basically a shipboard fire extinguisher that can be used as a weapon.  Damage 6, Crit 2, Blast 6, Cumbersome 3, vicious 2. and a boost die to put out fires.

Blade Breaker.  Melee, +0 damage, Crit 4, Defensive 2, Pierce 1, Sunder (use in off hand with Vibrorapier below)

Vibrorapier Melee +2 Damage Crit 2, Defensive 1, PIERCE 5!!!!

Mimetic Suit: Personal Cloak suit.  lasts for about and hour.

Smuggler trenchcoat: someone trying to find a hidden item is opposed by wearers skulduggery

some new cyberwear Appraisers eye, Cavity, Digital lockpick.  Safes (Bith hiding cubes, Magna-lock safe), Shadowcloak. and more cool stuff for thieves.  More attachment

And ... i about had a geekgasum when I got to the new starships.

Ready?

Really?

First one on the list of new star ships

ALPHA-Class XG-1 "Star wing" Assault Gunboat!

followed by:

Imperial Customs Frigate

V-49 Decimator

CEC WUD-500  star Yacht?

Starlight-Class light freighter

The return of the YKL-37R Nova Courier from LAotH

Baudo Class Star yacht (one of my old favorites from WEG)

Mobquet Medium Transport

Gozanti-Clas armed Transport

Gymsnor-3 Freighter (another WEG classic)

Gymsnor-4 (Flying wing?)

HWK-1000 Light Freighter... looks like a larger version of the HWK 290, Silhouette 4, speed 5, Encumberance 100

Yt-2000 "Otana" Lt Freighter

Capital Ships:

INTERDICTOR

GOLAN I Space defense platform (YIPES!)

More vehicle attachments... mmmm droid brains

and looks like some rules for transponder codes, adding new ones, and concealing the ones you have.  Mainly skill rolls or mechanics checks. 

a neat chart for spending dice results on astrogation rolls.

as well as times for lesser know routes and smuggling runs.  (Kessel Run, Kessel Trade Corridor, Llanic Spice run, Ootmian Patrol, and Pabol Hutta))

Rules and guides for:

Con jobs and Scams

Heists and Break-ins

SHOWDOWNS and SHOOT-OUTS! (Basically rules for a showdown.. quite cool)

Gambling... introduces a dice game called "Hintaro"

LOADS OF GOOD STUFF.

How is the YT-2000? Also, how is the Decimator?

Yt-2000 is similar to the YT-1300 but less armor, and better handling. 

Decimator has handling -3, more WT, and ST.  and 2 shields front and back compared to the YT-1300

How do the Showdown rules work?  Is it straight up western type stuff?

There is a chart for spending Dice results.

3 steps:

1. Face off (choice of)

A. Size up (opposed streetwise, or Perception against cool to gain upgrades to initiative Step 2)

B. Intimidate (oppose Deception or Coercion against Disipline to add setback to opponents initiative step 2)

2. DRaw, Simple cool check to determine who goes and shoots first. Use manuvers to draw, and action to shoot, etc

3. Combat continues as normal

What are the stats of the smugglers Trenchcoat? My Char needs one so badly for tomorrows session ^^

Defense 1, Soak 1, Price 1650 credits, Encumberance 3, hardpoints 0, Rarity 7

lots of pockets, hidden compartments, pouches, pouches within pouches

"Checks made to find anything hidden within a smuggler's trenchcoat while it is being worn are opposed by the skulduggery of the wearer.  The coat can conceal up to 2 encumbrance worth of items

Oh, now you've done it. You've opened Pandora's box - and the questions will never end.

So, my question? Is there any new starship equipments and add ons? Cool things to pimp out my ride with?

Oh yea,

Astrogation Droid brain (2 green for astrogation)

Autopilot Droid brain (2 Green for Piloting) can summon via a becon call

Surface defense blaster cannon (Similar to what the Falcon had when leaving Hoth in ESB)  Ranged (Heavy) Damage 12, Crit 3, Auto fire, Pierce 2, Personal Scale for Sil 3-10 ships for 2000 credits

Cloaked Smuggling compartments

Interior Broadcast suite.... sound system, increases strain threshold of crewman while on board

Nightshadow Coating

Onboard amenities unit... upgrades charm, negotiate, and deception checks while on board

Rapid Cargo Evacuation kit

whisperthrust engine

Astrogation Droid brain (2 green for astrogation)

Autopilot Droid brain (2 Green for Piloting) can summon via a becon call

Surface defense blaster cannon (Similar to what the Falcon had when leaving Hoth in ESB)  Ranged (Heavy) Damage 12, Crit 3, Auto fire, Pierce 2, Personal Scale for Sil 3-10 ships for 2000 credits

Cloaked Smuggling compartments

Interior Broadcast suite.... sound system, increases strain threshold of crewman while on board

Nightshadow Coating

Onboard amenities unit... upgrades charm, negotiate, and deception checks while on board

Rapid Cargo Evacuation kit

whisperthrust engine

Sweet! Man, I am going to run out of hardpoints on my boat!

. . . .ok, how many hardpoints do the amenities unit and the broadcast suite take? I cant imagine that bithin' Bose Speakers take up that much room.

Any new talents for the Gunslinger? Does the tree encourage them to dual wield?

yes, not really

At the bottom of Column 2, there is the "Spitfire" Talent.  after a successful combined attack with two ranged (light) weapons, additional hits can be allocated to other targets within range of the weapon

Also "Gunblazing" is 2nd from bottom in column 3 "as an incidental suffer two strain to avoid increasing difficulty of a combine ranged (light) check"

But also there is a new weapon attachment "Paired" which costs 300 for the pair, 1 HP per weapon, that reduces the Advantage required to hit with the secondary weapon, when 2 weapon fighting by 1

Oooh! Oooh! I got an obvious one: give us the TL;DNR version of the signature abilities! Why has nobody asked this yet?

What do they do?

Here zathras is talking about it

For the sake of poor kinnison's fingers, here's the dope:

First one is Narrow Escape, attaches to the 2 middle columns. Once per session you spend 2 Destiny points and roll a hard Streetwise check. If successful, you are able to flee a personal combat encounter unharmed.

Second one is Unmatched Fortune, attaches to the outer columns. Once per session you spend 2 Destiny points to change the face of one positive die in the character's dice pool to another face adjacent to it. An "adjacent" face is any die face sharing an edge, not a point, with the rolled face. Unmatched Fortune can't be used with Force Dice (the 12 sided white one)

Well, it finally happened. We've had special abilities that I don't care for. I guess it'll be the upgrades that really sell it, but on the surface, they do nothing for me.

What are the stats on the Assault Gunboat? Curious that that's not in the Starfighter category...

So I do a quick spew from my first read and now someone is being nitpicky?

I listed the STARSHIPS

the Gunboat, Customs frigate, and VT-49 are under "Star Fighters and Patrol Boats"

Everything else but the Capital ships are Freighters and Transports

Sil 3, speed 4, Handling -2.  one shield fore and aft, 3 armor.  HT 12 SS 8

Class 3 Hyperdrive no backup

Short senor range

2 Hardpoints

2 Medium laser cannons

2 Ion cannons

2 concussion missile launchers

Yea i knew it was somewhere else, thank you.  The fortune one looks interesting, kind of like Qui-gon using force on the chance die

Well, it finally happened. We've had special abilities that I don't care for. I guess it'll be the upgrades that really sell it, but on the surface, they do nothing for me.

You've gotta think like more like a smuggler. I love the idea that I can push my luck as far as it can go, and still have an ace-in-the-hole to escape if things go excessively pear-shaped.

Imperial Star Destroyer got me in a tractor lock? Actually these two destiny points say I dodged behind another ship and jumped to hyperspace just in the nick of time ;) .

What are the stats on the Assault Gunboat? Curious that that's not in the Starfighter category...

So I do a quick spew from my first read and now someone is being nitpicky?

I listed the STARSHIPS

the Gunboat, Customs frigate, and VT-49 are under "Star Fighters and Patrol Boats"

Everything else but the Capital ships are Freighters and Transports

Sil 3, speed 4, Handling -2.  one shield fore and aft, 3 armor.  HT 12 SS 8

Class 3 Hyperdrive no backup

Short senor range

2 Hardpoints

2 Medium laser cannons

2 Ion cannons

2 concussion missile launchers

Yea i knew it was somewhere else, thank you.  The fortune one looks interesting, kind of like Qui-gon using force on the chance die

Dude, chill out. I wasn't being nitpicky. I legitimately thought it was listed under freighters.

Appreciate the info though.

Edited by DavenQuint