chriscook

Vassal up and running. Lets battle!

3 hours ago, alexkazze said:

This morning I downloaded it and in the Hondo letter (to create the deck) I left vinto ...

I think there is an error

Yes, I know.  I have the Vinto card/figure as a placeholder, until I can get a true image of Hondo's card.  Do we actually have the Hondo skirmish card somewhere? 

33 minutes ago, thereisnotry said:

Yes, I know.  I have the Vinto card/figure as a placeholder, until I can get a true image of Hondo's card.  Do we actually have the Hondo skirmish card somewhere? 

We have a good guess because 80% of the card got spoiled at GenCon. You can find it on this forum. There's a thread on purpose.

15 minutes ago, Golan Trevize said:

We have a good guess because 80% of the card got spoiled at GenCon. You can find it on this forum. There's a thread on purpose.

Right, but I can't put a good guess up on the Vassal module.  Do we actually have a card image?  If so, then please give me a link, because I'd be happy to use it and update the module.  I'll have it uploaded tonight in that case.  Or do we even have an image of the card that is partially obstructed but still at least usable?  I could try my best to work with that.  Keep in mind that my photoshop skills are adequate for basic functions, but really not much more.

But if all we've got is some snippets here and there, or some low-resolution iPhone pictures, then I'm not sure what to do with that.  In that case it would be just as easy for people to use the proxy Card and Figure currently in the module (using the image of Vinto), while having the 80% image of Hondo's card open on their screen or phone while they play the game.  Playtesting is almost always done with proxies or with temporary stand-in representations.

9 hours ago, thereisnotry said:

Right, but I can't put a good guess up on the Vassal module.  Do we actually have a card image?  If so, then please give me a link, because I'd be happy to use it and update the module.  I'll have it uploaded tonight in that case.  Or do we even have an image of the card that is partially obstructed but still at least usable?  I could try my best to work with that.  Keep in mind that my photoshop skills are adequate for basic functions, but really not much more.

But if all we've got is some snippets here and there, or some low-resolution iPhone pictures, then I'm not sure what to do with that.  In that case it would be just as easy for people to use the proxy Card and Figure currently in the module (using the image of Vinto), while having the 80% image of Hondo's card open on their screen or phone while they play the game.  Playtesting is almost always done with proxies or with temporary stand-in representations.

Likely it'll be spoiled tomorrow with its pack content, there's no point in wasting time on that.

I've updated and uploaded the contents of the Hondo pack (includes the Lie in Ambush card).  The new module version is 10.8.  There's no need to download this update unless you want to use the new cards from today's spoiler.

As always, it could be a while before the Vassal website mods approve the update, but as of right now I've done everything necessary from my end.

Enjoy!