chriscook

Vassal up and running. Lets battle!

So has anyone tried any games with this yet? I can't seem to catch anyone online. Im new to Vassal but the controls for this seem pretty straight forward. If anyone would like to set up a time for a game just send me a message. I'll keep checking Vassal but it seems like itd be best to plan ahead with someone.

Great, another interested player!  You're right, that there are not a lot of skirmish players on Vassal yet.  I think that may be partially because the Organized Play season hasn't started up yet; I'd like to think that we'll get more players as the wheels start to turn with OP.

I'm glad you think the controls are pretty straight forward.  I would highly recommend that you watch the YouTube instructional video (link in my previous post), because it will explain everything, even things that you perhaps might have missed.  

PM incoming.

Cool, go for it!  When I started SWM (Star Wars Miniatures) almost 10 years ago, I had no local gaming store/group.  I was enthralled by the game system and I loved the minis, but since I had nobody to play with, I would've left the game for sure if I hadn't discovered that I could play it on Vassal.  Through Vassal play I grew to love the game even more, and I also built some solid friendships that are still thriving today.  In short, if it weren't for Vassal, I likely would've left SWM years ago.  Vassal can be such a huge boost to the game's community.

I'd definitely recommend watching the video first, because I think it'll help you to understand all the elements and how they work together.

There will  be a vassal league over on iacommand.com when wave 1 comes out and the vassal mod has all the maps/cards from it.

You  can sign up over on the forums.

http://iacommand.com/forums/topic/casual-vassal-league-signups/

We will also be running monthly tournaments like we did with SWM not sure on the day  though. 

Sent the email again? Did it go to your spam folder? Did you get the email at all? I want to figure out what the problem is before I add your account personally.

Edit I just activated it personally you should be good to go.

Edited by Jonnyb815

I've never used Vassal before.  I've followed the instructions in the video and everything seems to be working.

If someone who has a lot of patience and doesn't mind answering a lot of questions is willing to play a game with me, send me a PM.

Thanks!

Vassal uses a random number generator, which has been proven to actually be random. So yes, you can trust the IA Vassal dice buttons.

I was actually asking about how it did the dice as in format. I know it uses a RNG, but was wondering if the dice are pipped the same as IA dice or if they were trying something else. I saw a batrep yesterday and saw how they were set up.