Sign in to follow this  
Budgernaut

Rule Question: Blood Sisters' Blood Magic ability

[lore] Blood Magic: Bleed a non-bleeding friendly unit within 2 hexes of this unit to cause 1 damage to the target unit.

Can a Blood Sisters unit Bleed itself? In most games, the answer would be 'yes' but if it had said "another friendly unit" the answer would be 'no'.

The Rules Reference says, "All figures, cards, and tokens belonging to a players own faction 

are friendly components." So the Blood Sisters unit is definitely friendly to itself.

The next question, then, is what does "within 2 hexes" mean? Does that include her own hex? I assume it does, but I can't find anything in the Rules Reference to support that one way or the other.

Any thoughts?

Yup, I'd play that you can autobleed the Blood Sisters (from the definition of "friendly" that you quoted; see that as the caster sacrificing herself to summon her magic) and range, as Mulletcheese said, is counted as per normal range rules

Great! Thanks for the replies.

Mulletcheese, were you trying to say you wouldn't count her as being within 2 hexes?

As a tangent, another similar case wouldbe a Greyhaven Battlemage unit shielding itself. It uses the same construct.

"Shield a friendly unit within 1 hex of this unit."

Yes, definitely Battlemages can shield themselves.

Seems like someone is proxying the new units? :D

Sounds like, doesn't it? But no, I actually can't stand proxying. However, I'm starting to think more in-depth about their abilities and thinking about army construction. I'm imagining given scenarios and how all these abilities would interact. I can't wait to get these so I can actually put them in my games!

Is the shield a singular status - 'shielded' like stunned - or can you have multiple shields stack on a specific unit? And, speaking of rules clarifications for future units, if you have more than one, can the Great Dragon return to any Horde that you start with, or just its original Horde hex? Is there a rule for mustering unaligned units if they are owned by one player - highest or lowest scenario rank, perhaps? That seems useful.

Is there a place to sign up for remote playtesting? I'd sign an NDA and grab some proxy minis in a heartbeat.

You're welcome :) Also, by reading the instructions in the testing section, it seems like you should give some references; in case you can't, may I suggest you to link some of your posts (here or on BGG) that are capable of proving your knowledge of the game? Not only rules-wise, but also in terms of in-depth analysis. Not so sure if it helps, but certainly it doesn't hurt