Sign in to follow this  
RebelDave

Modifying Attachments

Two-part question regarding Attachments and Modifications answered by Sam Stewart.  Answers inserted below:

1. When modifying attachments, does the difficulty increase with each subsequent modification (i.e. Hard for the first mod, Daunting, for the second mod, Formidable for the third mod)?

1. Yes.

2. Assuming that the difficulty increase is cumulative, what is the procedure for the fourth mod? Are more difficulty dice added beyond five, are difficulty dice upgraded to challenge dice, or is the Impossible task sidebar followed?

2. The GM is the final arbitrator as to which procedure to use, but generally I recommend that the GM allow the player to make the check, upgrading the check once for each increase beyond Formidable.

You may share this answer with others.

Sam Stewart
RPG Manager
Fantasy Flight Games

Two-part question regarding Attachments and Modifications answered by Sam Stewart.  Answers inserted below:

1. When modifying attachments, does the difficulty increase with each subsequent modification (i.e. Hard for the first mod, Daunting, for the second mod, Formidable for the third mod)?

1. Yes.

2. Assuming that the difficulty increase is cumulative, what is the procedure for the fourth mod? Are more difficulty dice added beyond five, are difficulty dice upgraded to challenge dice, or is the Impossible task sidebar followed?

2. The GM is the final arbitrator as to which procedure to use, but generally I recommend that the GM allow the player to make the check, upgrading the check once for each increase beyond Formidable.

You may share this answer with others.

Sam Stewart

RPG Manager

Fantasy Flight Games

Add it to the FFG Response thread please  :D

Same response to a different variation on asking the question, his group treats it as cumulative and then treats formidable rolls the same way Rarity is handled once the dice pool hits 5 purple, and that GMs can use whatever method they prefer, but cumulative would be as intended.