Sign in to follow this  
dantop83

Where are the FFG news updates???

I am getting all excited over an impending X-Wing news update on the main FFG page, but there hasn't been an update yesterday or today of any kind! Yesterday i chalked it up to being a holiday, but there is usually 1 or 2 news items a day on the FFG main page during the week days so what gives??

I just had to shout it out, because I am tired of refreshing and wanted to share my pain! :)

They don't have anything to say right now I guess.

S&V is coming out next week, and the Raider is on it's way so most likely we won't see anything for a bit, and when we do I'm guessing it will be about the Raider.

Myself I'd as as soon not hear a thing about Wave 7 for a few more weeks yet.

There will be a Raider Preview soon.  Last year, it was the last Friday in February when they showed many of the cards.  I'd expect something similar, as they usually announce something new just as something releases.  MAYBE a Wave 7 update, but I'd bet they'll hold off on that just a bit longer.

But who knows, bring it on!

They don't have anything to say right now I guess.

S&V is coming out next week, and the Raider is on it's way so most likely we won't see anything for a bit, and when we do I'm guessing it will be about the Raider.

Myself I'd as as soon not hear a thing about Wave 7 for a few more weeks yet.

Its actually kinda sad that there is no more wave 6 product info to reveal, they kinda do that every release and reveal everything way too early, nothing left to add a little more interest when it actually goes on sale.

other than a change in status on the product page we actually haven't received anything official from FFG (that I am aware of at least) in relation to the actual release date of wave 6, simply speculation based on a bunch of retailers "Projected" release dates, many of which are several days apart.

Additionally I would very much like FFG to release an update to the tournament rules and FAQ with a lot of wave 5 issues to be cleared up as well as integrating S & V into the tournament documents.

As of now all we have is a product page change, that’s it. I can only assume that the tournament rules and FAQ changes are done and waiting to be posted in the coming days but it certainly makes it that much harder to consider using Scum in the store champs with so many unknowns still. Surely the last thing they want to do is give the impression that S&V aren’t playable in store champs thereby dis-incentivising people to buy it.

I'm sure it will be fine but every day that goes past and there is a resounding silence from FFG it is quite jarring.

Edit:

What I can certainly agree with you on though is the delay in any info for wave 7, keeping that under wraps till its 2 months from release rather than 6-7 months would be considerably better.

Edited by Mace Windu

I just think it's extra weird that there are no updates ar all! The "Lay of the battlefield" was from Friday. Even if it's not X-Wing related, I am wonderimng where any update is..lol

And yes I agree I want the updated XWing FAQ and it has to be dropping soooooon!!

Well they never seem to care about stacking Star Wars like that..There are 3 in a row on the home page at the bottom...I am not even asking for a Star Wars update...ANY update...so I know they are alive!! :) It's weird for there to be 2 days with no news at all on the home page....I wish I was out there in the void with the updates and Scum in my hands!!! :)

I think they had a release article for Wave 6 written up and planned, but everything's slightly slower than anticipated so they're holding onto it, and since they didn't have any X-wing articles planned to come out /before/ that...

They updated S&V to shipping and gave a street date of 02/26.  What more do you want?

I hate to nit-pick but the product page simple states an Expected by date of 02/26. This is then further muddied by the “Shipping now” status which says 7-10 days for US and a few days longer for Canada, presumably followed by even more days for international customers.

Previously Wave six was slated for Expected by Q4 2014, does this mean that the few lucky soul across the pond in Australia that have managed to get their hands on the ships already are all good to play in their store champs this week?

I don’t mean to sound harsh but I don’t actually think it's too much to ask for a genuine “release date” for when wave 6 is actually legal for tournament play.

another thing to consider w/ them is the merger - there may be just general, run of the mill, Lord Business type of things going on that are keeping things dark for a bit. TPS reports, staff reviews, etc....