Sign in to follow this  
AARONZEA

Learning Scenario VPs and Command Card Attack Right questions

Hello, guys and gals!

New player here.
Just double checking on stuff that seems clear in the rules and reference books.

1. In learning Scenario: according to the rules, during the Upkeep phase, the only player to gain VPs is the ACTIVE PLAYER. So if the player that is NOT THE ACTIVE player has units on VP banners, that player DOES NOT earn VPs. Is this correct?
(Note: according to this FFG pagehttp://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
a player earns VPs EACH TURN a friendly unit is on a banner, so a bit confused).

2. Command Card Attack Right: says to move 3 units from my Right Section. If I only have 2 units in my Right Section, can I still use that Command Card and move my 2 units. Or because I DO NOT HAVE 3 units in my Right Section, I am completely prevented to follow the text on that Command Card?

Fun game so far.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Hi, and welcome to the BattleLore board!

As for your questions:

1. Please, always refer to the Rules Reference booklet when in doubt. Under the Victory Points subsection, on pag 10, we read:

During a player’s VP Step, that player gains victory points for each hex containing a banner marker that a friendly unit occupies. The player gains the number of victory points shown on each such banner marker.

So, Daqan gain VPs only during their turn, and Uthuk gain VPs during their turn. If during Daqan step Uthuk units are on banners, no one scores anything.

2. Command cards show the maximum number of units that can be ordered through that card. So, no probs if you play an Attack Right and you have only 2 units in the right section

Hope this helps

JULIA

Thank you very much for the clear answers.

:)

Regarding answer number 1, am I correct to interpret that it applies for Scenario Cards VPs conditions as well?

Regards.

Edited by AARONZEA

Indeed. All VPs (coming from banners or special conditions met) are awarded during the active faction VP step. VPs awarded due to Lore cards are awarded when the specific conditions detailed on the Lore card are satisfied