Sign in to follow this  
Eyeless1

Bashing Skulls with rifle butts?

Hey, I just barely thought about this. How would you do physical attacks with different firearms. Like pistol whipping, or bayonets, or just plain bashing in a face with the butt of your rifle or shotgun?

I was thinking, maybe for pistol whipping +2 dmg and -1 dice?

Bayonets could be considered large bladed weapons, I dont have by book so I cant remember the profile.

Good ol' butt bash +3 dmg and -1 dice? This is very much an improvised attack, but I guess some rifles, like some assault rifles are built to be able to become butt bashers. So I was thinking, maybe non-tactical rifles and shotguns would be +3 dmg and -1. But tactical models would be +4 dmg and no negative dice. You could include old WW2 rifles like the Mosin Nagant or the M1 Garand here, cause they are really heavy and built for bashing people in close combat.

What do you guys think?

Guest Sydonis

Bayonets or mounted blades of any kind would be a bladed weapon. Any other kind of use of the weapon would simply be an improvised weapon.

I concur with everyone else.

Also, if you're trying to crush a zombie's skull with a rifle butt, I would apply a (small) penalty if there isn't a nearby wall or other solid object to crush its skull against.  If the zombie in question is standing in a wide open area, hitting it in the face with your rifle butt is just going to make its face move backward.  Effective at holding it at bay, perhaps even knocking it over if you're lucky, but without something to provided resistance, the skull probably won't collapse.

This is an example of the sort of attack which is more effective against living human beings than against the undead.