Sign in to follow this  
DarkGuard

Any Chance for a hounds tooth for standard play?

We will definitely be gettting Hounds tooth for Scum.  I am really hoping that they go with the Large option for it and package it with a Z-95 with a special paint job. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Hounds Tooth is in the next wave.  I expect size and price around where the VT-49 was (maybe more).

Jumpmaster and mist hunter won't be far behind.  The bounty hunters are simply to important not to get into this faction and on the board.  Outside of Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88 are the best known and WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE GAME SOMEHOW.

Wild Karrde is a Smuggler and Spies faction ship.  That will be the next faction.  It will allow the YT-1300 / YT-2400 / Lamada to be re-purposed (along with new and other ships) for smuggler and spies.  Wild Karrde will probably be that factions huge ship (maybe large, idk).

Honestly I don't think we will see the next faction for a long time (Gencon 2016?), but they are saving a bunch of ships for it.

It's a nice idea, I'm all for a Hounds Tooth and accompanying Z95, but are there enough YV 666 pilots out there to make up another couple of named pilots and a generic?

Edited by 0Dark

I think that with the scaled-down Clone Wars version of the Hound's Tooth, we'll definitely see it as a large ship rather than a huge ship. I'm fine with that, but I am a little disappointed that it means we won't see a huge YV-666 with a Nashtah Pup Z-95 included in the box.

However, I could imagine them throwing a ship card for Nashtah Pup in the box with Bossk. So you'll have two ship cards with Bossk's name on it, one for the YV-666 and one for the Z-95. Since FFG sort of expects you to buy Most Wanted as a Scum starter (though it is completely unnecessary to do so), I would be okay with this.

As nice as that would be, though, it does sort of fly in the face of FFG's packaging policies. So far, all upgrade and ship cards included in a package are useful with that model and one core. This would be the first product that breaks that, so I don't think it will happen.

Wild Karrde is a Smuggler and Spies faction ship.  That will be the next faction...

I won't say "never", but don't get your hopes up.

As nice as that would be, though, it does sort of fly in the face of FFG's packaging policies. So far, all upgrade and ship cards included in a package are useful with that model and one core. This would be the first product that breaks that, so I don't think it will happen.

Most Wanted says hi!

I would be surprised if we did not get the Hound's Tooth, Mist Hunter, or Punishing One. The designers seemed to be really excited about them. I kind of suspect that we will get the Mist Hunter next. And I want the scaled down version of the Hound's Tooth, so I can play as the BHs when I play Scum. 

Wild Karrde is a Smuggler and Spies faction ship.  That will be the next faction.  It will allow the YT-1300 / YT-2400 / Lamada to be re-purposed (along with new and other ships) for smuggler and spies.  Wild Karrde will probably be that factions huge ship (maybe large, idk).

Honestly I don't think we will see the next faction for a long time (Gencon 2016?), but they are saving a bunch of ships for it.

I contest all of these statements.

Smugglers and Spies exists in the LCG because it's split into Light Side and Dark Side: Light Side aligned criminal elements are S&S and dark aligned ones are S&V. X-wing isn't polarised like that. Plus, all the S&S characters that have ships have already been incorporated into the Rebels. (See Outrider) What would S&S have that's it's own? To make parity with the current factions it'd need eight ships off the bat.

Scum exists because it needs to: the barrel is getting a bit low on non-abominable Rebel and Imperial ships, and Scum contains a motherlode of good material. That, and it allows the designers to explore some more space with game design. It is, however, a child of necessity.

What ships would S&S have? You've got the rebel pancake ships, but a faction made up entirely of Fat Falcons? The forum'd explode. The Lambda? That's an Imperial shuttle. You suggest new ships, what ships? Rebel ships the rebel have, Imperials the Imperials have, and mercenary ships Scum has. That covers pretty much everything.

Saving ships for S&S? Saving which ships? The most S&S ship there could be (the Outrider) was released for Rebels.

Smugglers and Spies is the light side split of Scum for the card game. It doesn't translate into a fourth X-wing faction, unless you're suggesting we'll also see Jedi and Sith factions appearing.

Outside of Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88 are the best known and WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE GAME SOMEHOW.

You may be a little late to the party. We already have four different IG-88s. :)

I kind of suspect that we will get the Mist Hunter next.

I doubt it. Hound's Tooth's in the new canon, the other two (Dengar and Zuckuss's ships) are fairly ugly and not in the new canon yet. That'd make Bossk the priority.

Plus, for the Hound's Tooth it's easier to find other pilots given it's been around the canon and Legends. Pekt springs to mind.

Edited by TIE Pilot

To answer the original post, and avoid going down the rat hole of additional factions, canon and non-canon, epic and non-epic etc.

From what the designers have indicated, they are eyeing all the ships flown by the Empire Strikes Back bounty hunters.

So yes, there is a very good chance for the Hounds Tooth along with its Wookie skinning table, in standard play.

Most Wanted says hi!

Blast! You're right! I knew I was on to something when I started writing my post. So yeah, I hope to see a Nashtah Pup title card at least in the Hound's Tooth expansion. Maybe a Bossk pilot Z-95 card too.

I contest all of these statements.

Smugglers and Spies exists in the LCG because it's split into Light Side and Dark Side: Light Side aligned criminal elements are S&S and dark aligned ones are S&V. X-wing isn't polarised like that. Plus, all the S&S characters that have ships have already been incorporated into the Rebels. (See Outrider) What would S&S have that's it's own? To make parity with the current factions it'd need eight ships off the bat.

Scum exists because it needs to: the barrel is getting a bit low on non-abominable Rebel and Imperial ships, and Scum contains a motherlode of good material. That, and it allows the designers to explore some more space with game design. It is, however, a child of necessity.

What ships would S&S have? You've got the rebel pancake ships, but a faction made up entirely of Fat Falcons? The forum'd explode. The Lambda? That's an Imperial shuttle. You suggest new ships, what ships? Rebel ships the rebel have, Imperials the Imperials have, and mercenary ships Scum has. That covers pretty much everything.

Saving ships for S&S? Saving which ships? The most S&S ship there could be (the Outrider) was released for Rebels.

Smugglers and Spies is the light side split of Scum for the card game. It doesn't translate into a fourth X-wing faction, unless you're suggesting we'll also see Jedi and Sith factions appearing.

Outside of Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88 are the best known and WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE GAME SOMEHOW.

You may be a little late to the party. We already have four different IG-88s. :)

I doubt it. Hound's Tooth's in the new canon, the other two (Dengar and Zuckuss's ships) are fairly ugly and not in the new canon yet. That'd make Bossk the priority.

Plus, for the Hound's Tooth it's easier to find other pilots given it's been around the canon and Legends. Pekt springs to mind.

1. An Imperial shuttle flown by non-imperial people on a clanestine mission.

Your right that would never happen and its certainly not canon.

I mean honestly, imagine Chewey flying a shuttle.  Its just silly!

Fly casual man. Fly casual.

2. Well slap my butt and call me sally!  Thanks for letting me know that IG-88 is part of the game now.  As a casual X-wing fan who checks these forums pretty much daily (and has been now for at least a year) for news regarding wave 6's status and upcoming releases it totally ran under my radar that one IG-88 (let alone 4!) was going to be released.  Wow, hopefully I have time to update my pre order.  Once again, thx dude, your my hero.

3. As far as the next faction.  I believe FFG will have another faction.  I "strongly suspect" that this faction will be Smuggler and Spies.  As far as what ships will be in this faction.  I named three and think those three will be included.  Other ships, I have no idea.  Just like I had no idea that they would invent the Raider to suit their purposes.  I "think" that FFG is going to do this faction.  There are crossover ships available.  It will re-purpose exisiting ships, give FFG opportunities to add elements to gameplay, is highly thematic, etc. etc.  

"Scum Smuggler and Spies exists because it needs to: the barrel is getting a bit low on non-abominable Rebel, and Imperial ships, and Scum ships, and Smugglers and Spies contains a motherlode of good material. That, and it allows the designers to explore some more space with game design. It is, however, a child of necessity."

FIFY

1. An Imperial shuttle flown by non-imperial people on a clanestine mission.

Your right that would never happen and its certainly not canon.

I mean honestly, imagine Chewey flying a shuttle.  Its just silly!

Firstly, clandestine stealth missions where the objective is go unnoticed aren't really what X-wing depicts.

And Chewbacca is a Rebel. Why would the Lambda-shuttle be specially reserved by FFG for a duplicate of Scum that is by definition not Rebel?

2. Well slap my butt and call me sally!  Thanks for letting me know that IG-88 is part of the game now.  As a casual X-wing fan who checks these forums pretty much daily (and has been now for at least a year) for news regarding wave 6's status and upcoming releases it totally ran under my radar that one IG-88 (let alone 4!) was going to be released.  Wow, hopefully I have time to update my pre order.  Once again, thx dude, your my hero.

I quote, "Outside of Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88 are the best known and WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE GAME SOMEHOW." Gramatically you've grouped IG-88 with Bossk, who isn't in the game, therefore creating a strong implication that you didn't realise.

3. As far as the next faction.  I believe FFG will have another faction.  I "strongly suspect" that this faction will be Smuggler and Spies.

And what leads you to believe either? What ships would they have, and how would they not fit into either the Scum or Rebel factions? What unique faction identity would they have? How would they not be a faction of just Fat Hans?

It will re-purpose exisiting ships, give FFG opportunities to add elements to gameplay, is highly thematic, etc. etc.

No, it's not. The good guys are the Rebels. Everything the LCG has for Smugglers and Spies is, in X-wing, rolled into the Rebel faction. Scum exists because they wanted to make the Scum ships and didn't want to dilute the Rebels and Empire with them.

"Scum Smuggler and Spies exists because it needs to: the barrel is getting a bit low on non-abominable Rebel, and Imperial ships, and Scum ships, and Smugglers and Spies contains a motherlode of good material. That, and it allows the designers to explore some more space with game design. It is, however, a child of necessity."

"Scum Smuggler and Spies Pony Fleet exists because it needs to: the barrel is getting a bit low on non-abominable Rebel, and Imperial ships,Scum ships, Smugglers and Spies ships and Pony Fleet contains a motherlode of good material. That, and it allows the designers to explore some more space with game design. It is, however, a child of necessity."

Just substituing a new word into that doesn't make it valid. Together Scum, Empire and Rebel cover pretty much every single ship in the GCW era.

There's no necessity for a fourth faction. It's infuriating how people's response to a third faction is "oh mah god faction floodgate opens what's next." They explained at length that Scum exists because it needs to.

Edited by TIE Pilot

I still wouldn't mind seeing Scum versions of a few existing ships.  Correllian Corvettes were canonically some of the most common pirate vessels, and it'd be easy as pie to sneak some of the YT's into Scum (hell, even alt pilot stats for Dash, for instance, since he never really joined the Rebellion).

Umm, when has FFG ever cared about the new canon? I'm just saying, that in the Team Covenant interview, he talked about Zuckuss a lot...

I was worried about the Hound's Tooth before because it sounded extremely long, but with what's being said on this thread, I'm sure they'll fit it in. Bossk has got to get his ship in this game, and it's gotta be in standard play.

There is only one choice for Scum and Villainy's first Huge ship.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Jewel

You are wrong my friend.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Karrde

FFG has definitely embraced the EU by this point, but I doubt they'd pass up Jabba the Hutt. The Star Jewel is EU, but Jabba's practically the Scum faction leader in the movies. The Star Jewel has everything going for it. Jabba the Hutt, a unique aesthetic that fits with existing ships like the Scyk, and it's almost the exact length as the Tantive and the Imperial Raider.

Edited by Jokubas

TIE Pilot:

I think we just have a difference of opinion.

I view Smug/Spies as the underworld reflection of the Rebels.  Just as people consider Scum as the same for the empire.

I don't want to get into Jedi/Sith argument.  I don't believe I have to support the creation of those factions to state that I believe Smugglers and Spies is in the development pipeline on a whiteboard somewhere in MN.

I believe that Smug/Spies will be a faction that use the illict upgrade (as scum does) and will be a home for ships on the rebel side of the aisle. I also think that the Shuttle would be a very acceptable ship for this faction.  I think it would be great in fact.

While Chewey is a rebel, I (and IHMO many Star Wars fans) would view him as a smuggler first and a rebel second.  Just as I would view Boba Fett as Scum first and Imperial second.

When I first started playing this game I was actually a little taken aback that Boba was on the imperial side.  I get it, I do.  Its an iconic ship and very popular.  I was also a very early believer and supporter of Scum.  I didn't know how they would do it and what Scum would bring to the game.  Neither of us know what they are working on now.

I don't know how exactly the new faction will work.  I don't know what ships will be included.  BUT, I really believe in the FFG team and everything they have been doing with X-wing strikes me as a company with a long term vision.  I believe they will want to re-purpose and provide more variety for iconic ships.  The Falcon being number one.  Is that really such a crazy concept?

For example, I love the new Boba pilot.  I'm still trying to learn how to fly it, but I think it was a great game design move and breathed new life into an awesome character.  While the meta right now is Han heavy that may not be the case 1.5 years from now (gencon 16).  I really hope it isn't.  I hope that the game has evolved and moved on by then.

I envision this faction having iconic pilots . Han, Chewey, Lando, Dash, Jan, Kyle, Bothan spies, and a whole host of others.  Slippery smugglers and devious spies who use awesome talents, modifications, and upgrades that the genius game developers at FFG will create and exhaustively test.

If you disagree with this ok, cool, but I do believe that the basic concepts laid out in this post are reasonable and will probably end up coming true at some point. 

Edited by SheepDog

Umm, when has FFG ever cared about the new canon? I'm just saying, that in the Team Covenant interview, he talked about Zuckuss a lot...

I guess Mist Hunter is a small ship... Hound's Tooth is much more established though.

I view Smug/Spies as the underworld reflection of the Rebels.  Just as people consider Scum as the same for the empire.

Okay, I think you're missing one important detail. In the LCG, S&S and Rebel Alliance are on the same team, Smugglers and Spies represents underworld elements aligned with the Rebels. The LCG has two factions with subfactions. In X-wing, all the factions oppose each other. Three factions means a three way fight. Scum attacks both the Imperials and the Rebels.

A fourth faction likewise will be attacking Scum, the Empire and Rebels. You quote Chewie, Lando, Dash and Han as S&S pilots. They would be, thematically, attacking the Rebels. That's half the reason they're not in Scum.

A fourth faction is just that, a full fourth faction.

Edited by TIE Pilot

I don't see a problem with it being a fourth faction independent from the others.

I view that as a feature, not a bug. 

More variability and options would be good.

We just disagree.

I don't see a problem with it being a fourth faction independent from the others.

War with the rebels is the main problem (the others being their ships being almost completely covered already and the ease of just making them Rebel making them redundant). But if Han, Lando and Dash obliterating Rogue Squadron doesn't sound wrong to you, I doubt I'll persuade you otherwise.

I was worried about the Hound's Tooth before because it sounded extremely long, but with what's being said on this thread, I'm sure they'll fit it in. Bossk has got to get his ship in this game, and it's gotta be in standard play.

There is only one choice for Scum and Villainy's first Huge ship.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Jewel

You are wrong my friend.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Karrde

FFG has definitely embraced the EU by this point, but I doubt they'd pass up Jabba the Hutt. The Star Jewel is EU, but Jabba's practically the Scum faction leader in the movies. The Star Jewel has everything going for it. Jabba the Hutt, a unique aesthetic that fits with existing ships like the Scyk, and it's almost the exact length as the Tantive and the Imperial Raider.

Dat Hutt Stuff... they have loyal troopers on general principle.

:lol:

miranda_kerr_princess_leia_slave_jabba_h