Sign in to follow this  
DarkGuard

Any Chance for a hounds tooth for standard play?

I'm just going to be a jerk and say that I don't think the Hound's Tooth will be in the cards for us.

While I do think chances are good that Scum will get a Huge ship, I have my doubts that they'll make the Hound's Tooth the one (or two) which they produce. While I personally want them to do as many Huge ships as the market will bear - including the Hound's Tooth  I don't think the market will bear such a thing, and I don't think that FFG will risk doing so. I think they'll consider it too unknown and too wonky.

My betting money would be on an Action VI (Wild Karrde) as the ship they'll make (if they make one).

In other words, I think you're best off making one at home, or getting one of the 3d printer guys to make one for you.

I think all of the Bounty Hunters are coming.  The fact that they made IG-2000 should be a clear indicator.  Now the only question is weather Bossk will show up in his Z-95, or the Hound's Tooth.  I think his Z-95 was called the Nashta Pup or something like that.  Granted I could google it real quick but that's for people who aren't lazy.  

I think they really want to, but the decimator is already pushing the limit on the size that will fit on a large base and the hounds tooth would be more than an inch longer. Unless they start fiddling with the scale in standard I have a hard time seeing it work.

Or, perhaps they will introduce "very large" bases, in between large and huge, to accommodate ships like the hounds tooth, the ghost and maybe even Gozantis? Now that I type that, there does seem to be an awful lot of ships that would be really good sellers but that don't really fit as either large or huge. Hmmm...

I think it's got a good chance. It's just a little bit longer the the Decimator but I think it could still work, a half in more at each end doesn't seem so bad. I think its appearance in the Clone Wars and the fact that its not another pancake design might edge it past Punishing One, and it's a much cooler looking ship. 

FFG should use a different stand for it and the Decimator. the Huge base's peg works much better for Large ships in general.

I'm just going to be a jerk and say that I don't think the Hound's Tooth will be in the cards for us.

While I do think chances are good that Scum will get a Huge ship, I have my doubts that they'll make the Hound's Tooth the one (or two) which they produce. While I personally want them to do as many Huge ships as the market will bear - including the Hound's Tooth  I don't think the market will bear such a thing, and I don't think that FFG will risk doing so. I think they'll consider it too unknown and too wonky.

My betting money would be on an Action VI (Wild Karrde) as the ship they'll make (if they make one).

In other words, I think you're best off making one at home, or getting one of the 3d printer guys to make one for you.

I will take this bet. Loser buys the other persons ship when the wave is released. 

It'd actually work pretty well outside Epic, it may be longer than the Decimator but it's WAY less bulky.

The worrisome bit would be whether it even fits in the standard large ship box, since that's where length would really matter. Deci's already pushing it, but the thinness of the YV-666 might allow it since the Deci's prong spacing is its biggest problem.

Though, the YV-666 rear fins rotate rather than hinge, which would make them fairly wide regardless of position. Still might break diagonal limits.

I will take this bet. Loser buys the other persons ship when the wave is released. 

:lol:

Sounds like fun. However, as I was writing that, I was thinking about the Hound's Tooth as a Huge ship rather than a Large ship. I can see it being issued as a large ship.

Now if you wanted to bet that it comes out as a Huge ship before they do an Action VI (Wild Karrde), then we may have room for sport on the matter.

I really want to see one painted in a white and black hounds tooth pattern. ROLL TIDE!!!

Could look a bit like WWII naval 'dazzle' pattern camouflage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Or for those Australians out there it would look like a David Jones' gift wrapped giant stapler!

Then it will look like  

Epic Hound's Tooth or go home. Bossk needs a big ship, not some dinky toy knock-off of the original modified YV-666. 1st or 2nd, it'll be one of Scum's huge ships.

Still think we'll see a Ubrikkian star yacht before an Action VI; Karrde's really not scummy enough for Scum (at least not anymore than Han/Lando/Chewie/Dash).

Edited by GreatMazinkaiser

During an interview, the new designers of X-Wing already said something about the YV-666 and JumpMaster 5000.

I'm sure they'll pull a HWK-290 and the ship will be smaller than its listing on Wookiepedia.

Question is whether both the YV-666 and the JumpMaster will get a large base. That will give Scum 4 large ships.

The YV-666 in the Clone Wars cartoon already looks smaller than the listed dimension on Wookiedpedia. And Clone Wars is canon.

Bossk, Dengar, and Zuckus&4LOM are almost eventual certainties for S&V future waves, being characters (albeit minor appearances) in the OT. So their matching ships YV-666, Jumpmaster 5000, and G1-A are likely. I think the YV would make a descent addition to S&V especially when you see it next to some other large base ships (via Shapeways)

625x465_932949_8028288_1419251693.jpg

During an interview, the new designers of X-Wing already said something about the YV-666 and JumpMaster 5000.

I'm sure they'll pull a HWK-290 and the ship will be smaller than its listing on Wookiepedia... The YV-666 in the Clone Wars cartoon already looks smaller than the listed dimension on Wookiedpedia. And Clone Wars is canon.

If you poke around on Google you can find people seriously quoting the length of the YV-666 at anywhere from Falcon-sized to 200+ meters. It seems to me that the modelers for Clone Wars poked around, discovered that there was no canon length, and then settled on something that fit their story purposes and wasn't too unreasonable given the size of other ships the Hound's Tooth has interacted with in the past.

So now, courtesy of Disney's policy on canon, there's a single canon length for the Hound's Tooth/YV-666: 47.4 meters.

The Hound's Tooth was scaled down by TCW. It's now firmly in large ship size.

Given Alex Davy did talk about bounty hunter ships there's a very good chance of it showing.

I'm sure they'll pull a HWK-290 and the ship will be smaller than its listing on Wookiepedia.

Wookieepedia is wrong. X-wing's HWK is correctly scaled to the source material. Otherwise it would be a Large.

They definitely need to release this one with a Z-95 to accompany it. I agree it would be too small to be an epic ship and they might have to slightly shrink it to fit on a large base. Likely it will be the size of a Deci.

Now how would you spec it out? My guess would be: 3(turret)/1/10/4, Target Lock and Focus. Upgrades include Cannon, Missile, Illicit, and 1 crew or maybe even the scum astromechs. It did have a integrated droid to pilot the ship when needed. I think it would have a Decimator like dial. No K-turns.