Sign in to follow this  
Evil Genius Prime

Lots of complaining...

I read these forums and I see tons of complaining. I understand some of the complaints, but for the most part, I just don't get it.

If you find the book to be too thin for the price, don't buy any of the others.

If you're worried that the rules are being reprinted, then just buy the ones that have scenarios you're interested in.

If the game is too rules light, add your own house rules.

If the books are too pricey for you, buy the PDFs and print out what you need or use a tablet.

Geez, people. Some of us like the game. Some of us think it's fine just the way it is. It's a good system. Sure the price is a little high. I bought mine direct from FFG for a total of $50 shipping included. For that price, the book is still worth it. The bind is excellent. The art is awesome. The system is solid. I can't wait for the other three books to be released. Sure the rules will be reprinted in each. But if you don't want to play or run an alien invasion, just skip buying that book. If Wrath of the Gods isn't your thing, skip that one. Or if you're like me, and you love what you've seen so far, support FFG and buy 'em all. Yes, I am an FFG fanboy. I love all their stuff. They put out quality products, and their customer service is excellent. But the nitpicking some of you are spewing is overdone. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but ****. FFG is a business first and foremost, and a business exists to supply a product or service and to make profit. Either help them make their profit by purchasing their excellent product or don't. Just quit bitching about how the book isn't worth it, because it is.

Edited by Evil Genius Prime

That "end of the world: complete fail?" thread pissed you off to huh? ;)

Dunno what they are complaing about really. Book is good. If they want a f*ck ton of zombie content they should go play AFMBE.

And while FFG isn't perfect (DH book binding/Imp Ass broken figs) They still produce (very) good quality stuff.

But don't let the whiners get to you.

yeah if the rules won't let you do even the simplest actions then thats usually a clue you are doing something wrong.

On of our pc's has the "permanently relaxed" advantage: He has -1 stress die aslong as he has access to, well let's just call it "green herb", shall we.   :)

Edited by Robin Graves

Heh I can see a lot of the stuff in the original post might be aimed at me. I think the game is awesome. Check out my play report :)

Just....discussing the price of a product doesn't necessarily mean we hate it. As consumers we have the right to discuss whether we do or don't think we're getting our monies worth. Personally - I love the game. the book is great quality and the art work is fantastic. A lot of work has been put into make 5 very good and very different scenarios - which is frankly probably hardest with zombies than the other books.

Will I buy the others in hardback....not sure. First of all that depends which ones my players are keen on playing but also I think I'd probably go for the PDFs. Although.....a shelf containing all four books would look **** pretty. 

It's all good Gaiduku. I wasn't aiming this at you or anyone else for that matter. I only posted this out of concern that too much negative feedback on the product would end up getting the line canceled. I've seen it happen before (albeit with small companies), so it just worries me a little. As a collector, not just player or GM, of RPGs, I have to have these books in my collection! LOL! ;)

And while FFG isn't perfect (DH book binding/Imp Ass broken figs) They still produce (very) good quality stuff.

In retrospect, probably not the best way to abbreviate "Imperial Assault." =P

Oh I know. I text my friends that I have purchased imperial assault.: "Yo guys! I got Imp Ass!".

The responces I get back: " Dafuq?" , "It's not contagious is it?", "Ah Pervert!" and  "Eeew- wait are you talking about star wars?"

LOL maybe i should mail FFG customer service about the damaged figs and thell them "they sold me a broken imp ass." :D

Edited by Robin Graves

How dare they sell you a broken Imp Ass. I'd demand my money back. Or at least a replacement Imp Ass. Imp Asses are probably hard to get in the first place, since Imps are so rare. LOL! I could laugh about this all day.

Q. What did the Leprechaun say to the short, demon, woman he met at the bar?

A. "Hey baby. That's a nice Imp Ass you got there."

I am Imp Assault all my figures are in one piece! ;P The Walker was a pain in the ass to put together (had to use a vice haha). I am liking the game but did have some misunderstanding in regards to the dice. But that is why I joined the forums and posted and talked about it to clarify it and not say "this ******* game is broken!".