Sign in to follow this  
zenkenobi

Zuckuss & 4-LOM

My son's favorite Bounty Hunters are Zuckuss and 4-LOM. He has their miniatures from the old Star Wars miniatures game. I helped him put together deployment cards for Imperial Assault. Apologies of the graphic design. I like the rule ideas he came up with, I think they suit the characters. We haven't play-tested it yet but will soon. 

Zuckuss

16289769330_767c9289ff.jpg

4-LOM

15854666404_f9992d02f8.jpg

These are my two favorite characters as well. I hadn't thought to create deployment cards for them. These are nice. I can see some influence from the WotC game, but then, you'd expect them to be similar since they are the same characters.

I really like how Zuckuss turned out. I'm not so sure on 4-LOM. Ten health and three attack dice for a cost of nine seems really good. And I'm confused about his It's a Trap ability. Is this when he is deployed? How many times can he use this per mission?

Overall, though, great job!

These are pretty well done imo.  I think as others have noted the wording on the abilities could be a bit more clear, but I got the gist of what you were going for regardless.  They are actually pretty well balanced.  I think the Surge for pierce is fine on Zuckuss.  If you gave it to him innately, he'd be too strong for his points or you'd have to lower it to Pierce 1, since innate pierce hurts black-die models too much, especially from range.

I agree about 4-LOM.  He's fine as is.  Fenn and him have the same problem (weak surge abilities) so they are fine for their cost.

I won't debate the fluff side, mostly because I am not overly knowledgeable on theirs.

4-LOM's surge abilities are not weak. At least, stun + 1 damage isn't weak. In fact, it's a very strong ability. And I think the pair of them for 12 is a bit overpowered.

Also, is Zuckuss' findsman ability supposed to pick a single target at the start of a mission? Or does he get the benefit against all unique foes?

If they do bring these guys out, I would love to see them in a 2 pack.. And the mission gives both for the empire. I'm already kinda perturbed that Han and Chewie can never play together in a campaign. (Minus if they are already in the mission and you already won the other)

So I found Zenkenobi's post inspiring and I had to register just so I could get in on this post.  After seeing his excellent examples I decided to embark on my own Zuckuss.  I wanted to try and make him a unique character as well as be faithful to his lore.  I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I'm hoping to breath some life back into it.  

zuckuss2_zpsxcsksrlx.jpg

I'd really love it if veteran players could give me hints on where I might be making him too strong, or too weak, and give me an idea of what he should cost.  I was thinking, like all Ally and Villain packs he should have his own Command card.  I was going to call it "Striking Mist" and it would require an action to move Zuckuss to an empty space up to 3 spaces and then attack substituting one of his attack dice for a red dice. And applying a minus 1 Evade to the opponent.

Nice conjecture here, some really cool ideas on your cards! I really hope the points value on this team allows for a Bounty Hunting dream team of Fett, Iggy, Denagr, and Zuck/Lom.

While the other Star Wars games seem to be running out of ships, Imp Assault still gets me excited thinking about all the characters still to make an appearance! I hope they package these guys together.