MG240B 12.3 kg (with bipod)
~3.1 KG for belt of 100 rounds of 7.62 x 51mm

---------

Autocannon: 40 KG
Magazine weight (40 rounds): 4 KG

References:
20mm Hispano MkV 42 kg
20mm MG151 42kg?
20x82mm 'mine' shell 95 grams (so 40 x 95 grams = 3.8 kilograms)

---------

Heavy Bolter: 15 KG
Magazine weight (60 rounds) 25 KG

Refernces:
AGS-30 (30mm) automatc grenade launcher 18 KG
29 round grenade drum: 14 kg

---------

Heavy Flamer: 20 KG
Magazine weight: 10 KG

References:
M2 Flamethrower:
19.5 KG Empty
30.8 KG Full

---------

Mortar: 20 KG
Round wieght: 1.5 KG

References:
M2 mortar (60mm): 19.05 KG
M224 mortar (60mm): 21.1 KG
Round weight from 1.35 to 1.75 KG

---------

Lascannon: 40 KG
Magazine weight 4KG

References:
Solothurn S-18/100: 45KG

---------

Multilaser: 25KG
Magazine weight 2.5 kg
(halfway between heavy stubber and autocannon)

---------

Multimelta: 35 KG
Magazine weight 3.5 KG
Slightly more mobile than lascannon

---------

Plasma Cannon: 40 KG
Magazine weight 4 KG
Same weight as autocannon?

----------

Ripper Gun: 15 KG
Magazine weight 9KG

References:
AA-12 5.2 KG
32 round drum ~2.1 KG (48/32 * 2.1 * 3) = 9.45
Tripled for being Ogryn Proof

----------

Large ammunition load for a heavy weapon should be split among the squad members.

Edited by crusher bob

Which is perfectly reasonable given the fact that there isn't really a mid-level squad automatic support weapon in RAW.

They go from autoguns to heavy stubbers mounted on vehicles or crew-controlled. I remember someone came up with a SAL (Squad Automatic Laser) in the house rules section that looked to remedy this. It was awesome.

I like this list alot, any chance someone could take alook at the weights of the melee-weapons aswell?
I mean, a chain-dagger weight in on 4kg? sure it should have its chain mechanism but common, a common dagger weight in at max (for a big one) 0.5kg hell a Classic medival longsword is somewhere around 1.5kg
Would be awesome to have a list that looks this over aswell!

Empty.

So than revising the weights looks even more well, warranted.

For 18-kg plasmagun is plain wrong, for example, period. 

The problem is that a human physiology brings limit on how much weight of the equipment a soldier could carry on his(her) body. Ideally overall weight of weapons and quipment should not exceed 20-25 kg, for example, British soldier during the Falklands war had 34-35 kg loadout and it was already noted as cumbersome and quickly exhausting soldiers in question. 

Edited by Terran Ghost

A long while ago my group and I broke the Heavy Stubber up into three different versions to account for the lack of SAW, GPMG, and HMG in the game rules.

LMG/SAW: This weapon is what many people think of when they think of a "machine gun." In the Imperium it takes many forms, from a blocky short barreled weapon fed by belt and chambered in 5.56mm to long barreled drum fed devices in 7.62mm. All of these weapons are similar in a few key ways: they have large magazines, high rates of fire, and are used in a support capacity. -Statline: (Basic; 100m; -/-/10; 1d10+3 I; Pen 0; clip 100; rld 2 Full; Inaccurate; 8kg; Scarce)

MMG/GPMG: Mid-sized weapons with longer barrels and larger magazines, these Medium Machine Guns are a mainstay in Imperial Service. They are often found mounted on top of Leman Russ Tanks or other combat vehicles. They are generally heavier weapons, incapable of being fired without being first braced in some way, but this is in exchange for greater effectiveness at range. Most of these weapons are chambered in 7.62mm or larger and are belt fed. 
-Statline (Heavy; 150m; -/-/6; 1d10+6 I; Pen 2; clip 100; rld 3 Full; 11kg; Rare)

HMG: These hard hitting battlefield beasts are the undisputed kings of fully automatic fire. Large, heavy belt-fed weapons always chambered in .50BMG or larger, these devices are fully capable of destroying light vehicles and pulping Traitor Marines in a single well aimed burst. This effectiveness comes at the price of extreme weight and a limited rate of fire compared to other weapons of its class. NOTE: The HMG can be broken into two seperate pieces for transit, with the gun itself weighing 25kg and the tripod weighing 13kg. The PC's companion can carry the tripod if this is an Only War game. It takes 1 turn to mate the weapon with its tripod. NOTE 2: Firing this weapon without bracing it is nearly impossible due to the recoil involved. Only someone with a combined Strength and Toughness bonus of 11 or greater may fire this weapon without mounting it on a tripod. It cannot aimed like this, and it cannot be used with a bipod; the energies involved are simply too great.
-Statline (Heavy; 200m; -/-/5; 1d10+8 I; Pen 4; Clip 75; Rld 3 Full; Ogryn-Proof, Proven(2), Felling(4); 38kg (with Tripod); Rare)
Edited by TheOGBluejay

and pulping Traitor Marines in a single well aimed burst.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here... This seems like a lot of technical firepower (felling, proven) for a baseline guard issued heavy weapon, no? The autocannon doesn't even have felling and this is essentially just a smaller, slightly faster firing version of that. I guess my concern is that it comes off a bit overpowered? 

Other than that, cool list. Probably will steal something from it.

Edited by pearldrum1

Empty.

So than revising the weights looks even more well, warranted.

For 18-kg plasmagun is plain wrong, for example, period. 

The problem is that a human physiology brings limit on how much weight of the equipment a soldier could carry on his(her) body. Ideally overall weight of weapons and quipment should not exceed 20-25 kg, for example, British soldier during the Falklands war had 34-35 kg loadout and it was already noted as cumbersome and quickly exhausting soldiers in question. 

Although there isn't really a real world equivalent for Plasma guns and melta guns, and guard welfare is already a bit of a back burner when you are using weapon that can burn you death. They are specifically inconvenient weapons that give advantage you just can't gain otherwise.

But more importantly remember even the special weapons are used by two man teams. I'd say the closest weapon to those would be something like a Piat and the launcher weight for that was 15kgs.

all seems reasonable, however for fluff reasons i would expect 40k weapons to be heavier than real world equivalent because everything in the imperium is blocky and heavy and oppressive to look at haha. i think they would have done weapon weights based off it working within the rules rather than for realism, e.g. 'well we have to make a lascannon heavier than the standard guardsman's carrying capacity cos we dont want anyone sprinting around with a lascannon...'

Granted, everyone has some resistance to everything. The exact amount depends heavily upon where you look, at least. ;)

In the tabletop, I suppose failed Wound rolls with high damage weapons could easily be explained away as grazing shots, but in an RPG with hitpoints it gets a bit trickier. On the other hand, who would want a game where their characters can truly be one-shot-killed by rank and file troops?

Perhaps it would appear less awkward if hitpoints are instead used to represent luck rather than physical condition?

Edited by Lynata