Sign in to follow this  
Glaurung

question about spell effect

Rule say you can only apply one modify when you resolve a test.

Here is a question: there is difference between +2 lore or gain +3 lore?

I mean banishment spell have a text : test lore +2. So this is modify right?

So if I have a tome asset which is say: gain +2 when resolve a spell effect I can apply only one source +2 from spell himself or +2 from tome? Or I can combine both and get +4 since spell text is a part of the spell effect and not a bonus modify? I really confused about it….

Thank you in advance

Glaurung, you can count both. The first one is the difficulty of the test, the second one is the asset giving you a bonus in a specific test. While you cannot have more than one asset giving you extra dice, effects that are non-asset related stack

Thanks Julia now I clear that rule once and for all. MOM expansion bring some new questions about a game…..

By the way Hope we will get info about new expansion soon. Last year ffg announced FL in february.

I see what you mean, but possibly they could be difficult to integrate in Eldritch (too specific zoom in on a single location). But if you want to see Dunwich or Innsmouth, come visit Arkham Horror, you'll have tons of specific cards and encounters!

I would LOVE to see a scenario for Eldrtich or Arkham where the investigators had to escape from Innsmouth like in Lovecraft's "Shadows over Innsmouth".  I've never felt such tension while reading a story before, the way that the action scene is described.  That could be really fun if it were adapted well.