Sign in to follow this  
awayputurwpn

Desperate Allies

Caamasi, Neimoidian, Gossam as species and Advocate, Analyst, Propagandist as specializations. 

I can't say I'm as excited for this one as the other books! That said, FFG hasn't let me down yet and so I'm sure they'll come up with a way to make them all exciting and interesting.

Rules for making a rebel base will be good though! I wonder how it'll differ from homesteads.

Kappa troop shuttle on the cover is it not? Do we have stats for that yet?

Odd place for stats for a Kappa though so maybe I'm just being a huge nerd....

The artist that does most of the background art for the Star Wars RPG supplements (at least four or five of them) is a guy named Mark Molnar. That might be his work.

I'm excited to see the Caamasi. I'm intrigued to see how Propagandist differs from/complements the Agitator. I'm also curious about the Rebel Base rules. 

I'm also going to seed the conspiracy theory that they announced this just to troll the people in the Commander book thread.

To me this book sounds Great for the Diplomat, but also good for everyone else.

ships that are good for diplomats can be great for a strike team that needs to get in somewhere under the guise of diplomatic relations, perhaps to assassinate someone.

the base will probably expand the homestead options to include defences, training facilities and hangers. good follow on for the AoR beginner box?

Every time a book comes out i think, will there ever be one i don't want, and will i ever stop wanting to start a new campaign every time!

I'd get this one for the Rebel Base rules alone.

Beings as I GM for my small group of 2 players, I don't think either would make use of the specializations much, though if I got to be on the other side of the screen for once, I could see a few reasons to pull out this book.

The AoR character I generated is a Diplomat, so I'm a little excited.  I can't say that I'm exactly thrilled with all the species.  I'm not quite sure how the Neimoidians fit into the Rebellion.  Although it would be interesting to see one rebel PC say, "You know, you guys kind of started this whole things as pawns for the Sith...." and the Neimoidian in his most stereotypical voice replies, "I don' know-ah whatah you ahhh talking about-ah! I am from Duros."

You think the species that played key roles in the Separatist movement like the Empire? And just because the few Neimoidians we see in the prequels were Palpatine's pawns doesn't mean they all were. I'll probably get this for the base rules. Not sure if anything else will be much use to my group but we'll see.

You think the species that played key roles in the Separatist movement like the Empire? And just because the few Neimoidians we see in the prequels were Palpatine's pawns doesn't mean they all were.

I didn't say that they would like the Empire, I just don't think the Rebellion would like them.  Maybe, the stereotypical image of bumbling cowards is too ingrained in my mind.  But afterall, not every gungan is jar-jar binks, but me-sah hate em anyways.

Edited by Domingo