Sign in to follow this  
Kamehameornah

Talisman via Skype

Hey guys!

Has anyone ever tried playing Talisman through Skype with a webcam? Or other apps similar to Skype. I have a few friends who would love to play but they live across the states. I know that we have a beautiful digital edition that we can play but we really want to get our moneys worth from the hundreds of dollars we spent on all the expansions. Any pointers? I'm thinking just pointing my laptop camera towards the game board or something.

Thanks,

Not a big problem. Keep the spells deck close to the webcam. You draw your far-away friend's spell by holding it up to the camera without looking yourself. If you have several skyping friends in the same game, you need to get a bit more creative. I'm not sure, but can't you have several different channels in Skype and choose which ones to broadcast to? In that case you have it solved.

Did a few similar seshes with a couple of friends (one who lives in South America) via Facebook messenger.

Got around spells by sending photos to each one indvidual,y and I kept their cards facedown.

Had to omit extra regions and mechanics, and it could take weeks due to the time difference and our own commitments but it was fun.