Sign in to follow this  
Dr Lucky

Fly Casual is on the boat. Excited yet?

Sob!   :(

Did you guys read about the port delays for this book?

Why don't we have smugglers when we need them for the smuggler book?

We wouldn't need smugglers if we didn't have unions.

******* Trade Federation!

Hilarious! But, in all seriousness, Lucas was a bit off (as usual) on his rationale for why the Trade Federation was bad. It wasn't that they were a massive corporation screwing over the little guy. It was that they were a massive corporation in league with a corrupt big government using special interests in the Senate that was screwing over the little guy.

Interject a little market competition. Reduce the bureaucratic nightmare of the Republic's regulatory state and size and bam! Eventually the ole Trade Federation would've been relegated to Taxi Cab Union status while the Uber of the Star Wars universe took all their business in a more ethical way.

Freedom baby!

Also, the fact that they were all being manipulated by a Sith Lord had a lot to do with it as well...

Hey... let's not get into real-world politics here. (and that's not asked out of apathy or ignorance, but out of hopes to keep the peace)

True. But real world politics is preventing us from getting our book.  ;)

This is me, hoping that the current issues with California Dock workers doesn't delay this book, or Armada...

Looks like Fly Casual may end up being delayed by the west coast shipping dispute.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5370

If there were only some way of getting the shipment through in a manner that avoided the bureaucracy. I don't even know what we would call something like that. 

DarthGM...you just HAD to say something, didn't you.

*hangs head in shame*

My bad.

Although it sounds like there's some copies out there...

Edited by DarthGM

They might. They have excellent customer service.  Give them a call tomorrow.

Very right there :)

I submitted a request through their page last night, and this morning I had an email from Chris B. About how to handle the extra shipping to split the order. That kind of service wins me over every time. :)

Now if it'll only were able get out of the docks, and to the store to send out we'll be in fantastic shape :D

What sil 5 or larger ships are in it if any, what fighters are in it if any, and what customs ships are in it? (If there are none of the last group I will be utterly shocked.)

Only 4 ships sil 5 or bigger...the Mobquet Medium Transport, the Gozanti, the Interdictor Cruiser and Golan 1 Space Defense Platform. No fighters at all. As for customs ships we have the XG-1 Starwing, Imperial Customs Frigate and a surprise in the VT-49 Decimator. The 9 remaining ships are all sil 4 freighters, including a larger version of the HWK-290 in the HWK-1000.

So the XG-1 Starwing isn't considered a fighter in FFG? I'm kind of shocked they would include the Assault Gunboat in the Smuggler book either way though.

Interesting selection though I was hoping we would get some new corvettes and cargo focused frigate designs

Edited by RogueCorona

Well, if it makes anyone feel better there are reports of the book being spotted in the wild. I guess some slipped past before the shitstorm came down. So dont give up hope, guys!

How would that have worked?  Wouldn't they all be on the same shipping crate?

I don't have my book in front of me right now but could the copies I've seen been printed here in the US? That could explain how they avoided the union "blockade" on the west coast.

Edited by zathras23

I don't have my book in front of me right now but could the copies I've seen been printed here in the US? That could explain how they avoided the union "blockade" on the west coast.

I thought they were all printed in China?  Where did you order yours from?

I thought they were all printed in China? Where did you order yours from?

My LFGS, Game Kastle, here in Santa Clara Ca. Believe me, I was surprised on this last Tuesday when I got the call that it would be available for pickup the next day. When I went to pick up my copy, I saw they had at least 10 copies on their new product shelves. Edited by zathras23

My LFGS, Game Kastle, here in Santa Clara Ca. Believe me, I was surprised on this last Tuesday when I got the call that it would be available for pickup the next day. When I went to pick up my copy, I saw they had at least 10 copies on their new product shelves.

That's great news as it's also MY LFGS! Thanks for letting me know they were there, just put one on hold for pickup today!

Well, if it makes anyone feel better there are reports of the book being spotted in the wild. I guess some slipped past before the shitstorm came down. So dont give up hope, guys!

How would that have worked?  Wouldn't they all be on the same shipping crate?

You would think - but the way that shippers try and maximize space, and the logistics of putting containers on ships - well, who knows!