Sign in to follow this  
Dr Lucky

Fly Casual is on the boat. Excited yet?

Looks like Fly Casual may end up being delayed by the west coast shipping dispute.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5370

If there were only some way of getting the shipment through in a manner that avoided the bureaucracy. I don't even know what we would call something like that. 

Hmmm...freedom?  :)  :P

Also #endbiglabor 

Looks like Fly Casual may end up being delayed by the west coast shipping dispute.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5370

If there were only some way of getting the shipment through in a manner that avoided the bureaucracy. I don't even know what we would call something like that. 

Hmmm...freedom?  :)  :P

Also #endbiglabor 

You gave me a new idea for my campaign. Let's see if they take on jobs as Pinkertons. I like testing their moral limits.

I do too, but unfortunately, I ordered the Force and Destiny Beginner game in the same pre-order thinking it wouldn't be much time between the two.. :(

Anyone know if they would split the order if I paid extra shipping? LOL

That’s why I pre-ordered mine as two separate purchases.

On the boat? Not at my LFGS. They have plenty on the new product shelves and, as I type, I'm holding a brand new copy of Fly Casual in my hands right now.

Bar the gates, man! THE QUESTIONS COMETH!

As expected. I'll try to answer them ASAP but I do have a job and need sleep.

On the boat? Not at my LFGS. They have plenty on the new product shelves and, as I type, I'm holding a brand new copy of Fly Casual in my hands right now.

Bar the gates, man! THE QUESTIONS COMETH!

As expected. I'll try to answer them ASAP but I do have a job and need sleep.

Eh, I can wait for the book for most of the things I'm curious about....but what the hell are the signature abilities?

What sil 5 or larger ships are in it if any, what fighters are in it if any, and what customs ships are in it? (If there are none of the last group I will be utterly shocked.)

Only 4 ships sil 5 or bigger...the Mobquet Medium Transport, the Gozanti, the Interdictor Cruiser and Golan 1 Space Defense Platform. No fighters at all. As for customs ships we have the XG-1 Starwing, Imperial Customs Frigate and a surprise in the VT-49 Decimator. The 9 remaining ships are all sil 4 freighters, including a larger version of the HWK-290 in the HWK-1000.

Eh, I can wait for the book for most of the things I'm curious about....but what the hell are the signature abilities?

First one is Narrow Escape, attaches to the 2 middle columns. Once per session you spend 2 Destiny points and roll a hard Streetwise check. If successful, you are able to flee a personal combat encounter unharmed.

Second one is Unmatched Fortune, attaches to the outer columns. Once per session you spend 2 Destiny points to change the face of one positive die in the character's dice pool to another face adjacent to it. An "adjacent" face is any die face sharing an edge, not a point, with the rolled face. Unmatched Fortune can't be used with Force Dice (the 12 sided white one)

Edited by zathras23

Are there more rules/stats for ship modifications? If so, any chance of a list or notables?

Most of the attachments are for smuggling or for making your ship more comfortable to live in. Some of the notables IMO are Cloaked Smuggling Compartments (same as the regular ones but 3 levels harder to find), Nightshadow Coating for ships (think F-117 Stealth Fighter) And Droid Brains for both Astrogation and Autopiloting.

Edited by zathras23