Sign in to follow this  
Dr Lucky

Fly Casual is on the boat. Excited yet?

I'm curious about what non-transport and non-freighter ships we'll get. Will we get Uglies or some other form of underworld used fighters for the pilot spec? Will we get some Imp customs ships and other law enforcement craft?

I wonder if we'll get that tiny fighter that plugs into the front of a YT-1300 (see Haynes Millenium Falcon book) or the one that plugs into the back of the Ghost.

I'm curious about what non-transport and non-freighter ships we'll get. Will we get Uglies or some other form of underworld used fighters for the pilot spec? Will we get some Imp customs ships and other law enforcement craft?

I'd really like to see some Uglies.  I was disappointed they weren't in Suns of Fortune.  Then again, they might show up in an AoR release.

I imagine that Uglies would be more likely to be in an EOE book over an AOR one. I know some local Alliance forces used them but they were much more common in the hands of pirates, or other fringe groups, some corporate and merchant security fleets and the defense forces of some worlds on the Outer Rim, They would work great in the Smuggler or Tech book IMO.

Given that Falleen are in the book, and I strongly suspect most people think Black Sun first when they think of Falleen criminal activity I could see some fighters and other craft commonly used by Black Sun appearing in it.

Given that Falleen are in the book, and I strongly suspect most people think Black Sun first when they think of Falleen criminal activity I could see some fighters and other craft commonly used by Black Sun appearing in it.

That's some rather nasty species profiling you're doing there.

That's some rather nasty species profiling you're doing there.

Well, the article itself mentions the connection between Black Sun and the Falleen...

Honestly how many known EU Falleen involved in crime that aren't tied to Black Sun are there? I'm sure there are a couple but not many.

And what is the single most well known Falleen from the EU known for being? The leader of Black Sun until his death which set the crippling of the organization.

And correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the first canon Falleen the Clone Wars era leadership of Black Sun?

I'm not saying all Falleen are tied to Black Sun but the idea that some craft commonly used by Black Sun might appear with the species in a book focused on smuggling isn't that odd IMO.

If we get uglies, we might just get rules to make them. Most of the uglies I have seen involve ships not published in the EotE line. It  seems weird to me to have the uglies in the EotE book, but not the individual ships. But I guess it does make sense.

Personally I was a little disappointed when the Clone Wars basically said "Falleen == Black Sun".

From reading "Shadows of the Empire", I had thought that Xizor just happened to be a Falleen who was in charge of a massive criminal organization filled with a great variety of aliens. I didn't feel like that novel made any indication that Falleen in general were involved in Black Sun because they were Falleen.

But I understand in the Clone Wars episodes they had a lot of different criminal gangs to show on screen, and it keeps it very clear if you have Hutts, Mandalorians, Pykes and Falleen. They need to be visually distinct when they have such short screen time.

Anyway, in my own game Black Sun is definitely a factor and Prince Xizor is at the top, but I don't have any kind of cultural connection between Falleen and Black Sun.

It's natural to lump all Falleen in with Black Sun or criminal organizations because of one example. Star Wars is built on that idea. All Hutts are vile gangsters because Jabba was. All Twi'leks are sexy because Oola was an exotic dancer. All Aqualish are brutish because Ponda Baba was. All Sullustans are good navigators because Nien Nunb was. All Bothans are spies because of a throwaway reference from Mon Mothma. All Trandoshans, Rodians, and Gands are hunters because Bossk, Greedo, and Zuckuss were. All Nikto, Weequay, and Klatooinians serve the Hutts because a few made up Jabba's entourage. 

That is something to consider Utsanomiko:

SPOILER

The episode does indeed have the murder of said Falleens by Darth Maul. So it is plausible to conclude that with a power vaccum some opportunist members of Black Sun may have usurped control, Xizor being one of them as well as other people within the syndicate. As Doc pointed out, I see most of Black Suns upper echelons being Falleen, but not all Falleen are Black Sun.

Zeltrons would be cool, but I think they and a lot of humans offshoots can be represented easily enough for now by giving Humans the appropriate skill choices and characteristics bought at character creation.

Who else besides me would have been super-excited for Ugor? Who else has even played an Ugor?

Oh yessss, Ugors. I've been itching to recreate a certain Ugor Demolitionist we had in a campaign I ran years ago. The player was kind of easily distracted and prone to miss important parts of the narrative, which kind of fit the character, especially if he didn't notice the presence of cops or bystanders and proceeded to blow things up - and then flee through the grates into the sewers. Fun times.

The easiest way to remodel them, I think, would be Intense Focus as a bonus talent. But I digress.

Looks like Fly Casual may end up being delayed by the west coast shipping dispute.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5370

If there were only some way of getting the shipment through in a manner that avoided the bureaucracy. I don't even know what we would call something like that. 

Looks like Fly Casual may end up being delayed by the west coast shipping dispute.

If there were only some way of getting the shipment through in a manner that avoided the bureaucracy. I don't even know what we would call something like that. 

Piloting? Scoundreling? Slicing?

Slow clap for this post.

This is me, hoping that the current issues with California Dock workers doesn't delay this book, or Armada...

DarthGM...you just HAD to say something, didn't you.

Right now the "Upcoming" page has it tagged for 2/20/15. I wonder if that reflects the delay or if they are not updating it because they do not know. I wish their announcement had more definitive info. I don't even mean a date, but just stating whether or not their upcoming page is accurate.

I have one on pre-order with Miniature Market. The status is "processing pre-orders."  So I've got my fingers crossed.

I do too, but unfortunately, I ordered the Force and Destiny Beginner game in the same pre-order thinking it wouldn't be much time between the two.. :(

Anyone know if they would split the order if I paid extra shipping? LOL