Sign in to follow this  
Dr Lucky

Fly Casual is on the boat. Excited yet?

I've been saying Repoman for a while now and the more I think about it the more I like the idea. With all the stealing of ships going on this seems like a natural. I think a private detective / journalist (hunting for scoops) could be a good career and the skiptracer is what I came up with earlier but had no idea what it was called :)

I've been wanting the Technician book the most. Outlaw tech is my favorite spec form EotE and I'm hoping there's rules for inventing gear and items.

Outlaw Tech is awesome on flavor and has a nice variety of talents. I do think it needs a bit more rules coverage on inventions/building/modifying to really shine though.

Inventing in RPGs is a nightmare, especially in a setting that is practically the poster child for Space Age Stasis. I don't think it's a good idea to get your hopes too high for any sort of "build your own invention" rules in the Tech book.

skip tracer/repo?

what does that mean? like a tow truck driver?

Yes, but not a tow truck driver.  A person's whose job it is to recover stuff, not people.

Private investigator is pretty straightforward, someone paid to recover information.  A trapper, someone paid to get live targets.  A privateer, ship based and acting on things Like letters of Marque http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_marque

Inventing in RPGs is a nightmare, especially in a setting that is practically the poster child for Space Age Stasis. I don't think it's a good idea to get your hopes too high for any sort of "build your own invention" rules in the Tech book.

Maybe. But the other auxiliary rules released so far have been pretty good. After seeing how well done homesteads were done in Far Horizons (something I didn't think would interest me at all. Glad I was wrong), I know they got the talent to pull it off if they want.

Edited by kaosoe

Upcoming page has been updated to Shipping Now. Expected arrival date 20 Feb.

This is turning out to be a good month for supplements as my group of exceptionally lucky highly skilled criminals finishes up Beyond the Rim and may start more smuggling in Hutt Space!

Assuming they don't do something foolish like join the Rebellion...

I've been saying Repoman for a while now and the more I think about it the more I like the idea. With all the stealing of ships going on this seems like a natural. I think a private detective / journalist (hunting for scoops) could be a good career and the skiptracer is what I came up with earlier but had no idea what it was called :)

I'll accept the archetype only if my Chevy Malibu vaporizes people when they open the trunk. . . .

(link for those who have no idea what the hell I'm talking about)

Good stuff.  As to being quick, FFG probably posts shipping with time spent in port included.  We all got lucky, probably port of LA wasn't a total traffic jam as usual and FFGs stuff came through quick.

Any last bets on the species before another preview goes live?  It's been discussed before but I'm putting my money down on Gotal and Falleen simply for lack of any hints beyond the artwork so far.  A classic race and a 'pretty' race.

Third one is going to be Cha'wen'he. I have my sources.