Sign in to follow this  
Dr Lucky

Fly Casual is on the boat. Excited yet?

It looks like they updated Fly Casual to "On the Boat" this morning.  I'm still hoping we get another spoiler soon.  Does anyone have any idea of the species yet?

I'm getting excited for this one.

I imagine they'll be coming over the next few weeks. 

Lately "On the Boat" is a good indicator that the book will be out in about a month. Stay on Target was "on the boat" in November, and Lords of Nal Hutta was sometime around the New Year.

It is a bit longer than that. Lords of Nal Hutta went on the boat towards the beginning of December, at least 2-3 weeks before New Years. Fly Casual will not be on store shelves until the first week of April at the soonest.

I can see Bounty Hunters being the last career book they release for EotE, just because they know it is likely the one everyone wants most, I'm curious if that's where they put Gamorreans as I had expected they would have been part of Hired Thugs or the Nal Hutta books.

continuing off topic but I could see a Melee based Hunter, a Demonlitionist based Hunter, then maybe a profile for a Guild Hunter

How about something that would be the urban (or maybe galaxy wide) equivalent of Survivalist.  Something that let's you track, locate, or identify people.  I mean, if a Hutt hires you to bring back a certain Rodian and tells you the last place he was seen was on Ord Mantell, that's not a lot to go on; the galaxy is a big place.  All the combat skills in the universe will not help you in this case.

In previous threads a lot of people seem to have guessed that one of the specs will focus on bringing the target back alive.

Off topic. Since there are many specs that seem to cross over into the other careers in theme (i.e. the Marshal is the Colonist version of a Hired Gun, Driver is the Explorer version of a Smuggler Pilot, etc.) I see the need for a social-type of bounty hunter spec that uses seduction, guile and sedatives to trap their prey with some more rules for poisons.  House Renliss for example.

Career Skills: Charm, Deception, Medicine (for poisons and anatomy), Skulduggery (for disguises and sleight of hand)

Edited by Domingo

How about something that would be the urban (or maybe galaxy wide) equivalent of Survivalist.  Something that let's you track, locate, or identify people.  I mean, if a Hutt hires you to bring back a certain Rodian and tells you the last place he was seen was on Ord Mantell, that's not a lot to go on; the galaxy is a big place.  All the combat skills in the universe will not help you in this case.

Sounds like more of a Private Detective character. I love the idea!

Sounds like more of a Private Detective character. I love the idea!

A Skiptracer...perfect!

Waiting impatiently for this one.  I want it for my upcoming campaign before we finish character creation.

I hear that.  I was running a campaign but one of the players took over last week and I got to make a character.  I found out a few days later that Lords of Nal Hutta was dropping this week.  I would have waited and made a character from that book because there is some super cool stuff in there.

I can see Bounty Hunters being the last career book they release for EotE, just because they know it is likely the one everyone wants most, I'm curious if that's where they put Gamorreans as I had expected they would have been part of Hired Thugs or the Nal Hutta books.

I am not going to argue with you about whether or not BH is what everyone wants most.  I would assume that between what's left, it is what people want most.  But I imagine that Smuggler is at least close to being as desired (and potentially more-so).  And BH is the one book I have little interest in personally.  Of course, I doubt Fantasy Flight is too concerned solely with my opinion.  ;):P