Sign in to follow this  
OggDude

Anyone going to DunDraCon 2015?

Just curious if we have any San Francisco Bay Area people here who are planning on going to DunDraCon 2015 in San Ramon this President's Day weekend (two weeks from now).  Last time I checked, I think there were seven SWRPG games being run, which is a record.  Last year, there was only the SW Megagame, and it was the first time they had run it using the FFG rules.

Anyway, I'll be there all four days.  I haven't signed up to run any official games, but I have I have a number of adventures prepared just in case I generate some interest.

If anyone's going, let me know.  Maybe we can have a game together :)

It's President's Day weekend, Feb 13-16, at the San Ramon Marriott.  You'll have to make nice with the wife, though, since Valentine's Day falls on Saturday :)

If I'm not in one of the SW games, I'll probably have a table set up in one of the open gaming areas.  I'll either be running a SW game, or I may have a board game set up, like Talisman, Firefly, or Battlestar Galactica.

Huh, three out of four of them are FFG games.  Go figure...  ;)

Being one of the GMs for the MegaGame, I will most certainly be there! (This will actually be our 3rd FFG year)  Several of the rest of the listed Star Wars FFG games are from other members of my gaming group. (The Z Team)

See you there!

A quick search revealed that the closest con to you is CONduit in Salt Lake City, which is going to be in May.  It's close to a 7 hour drive from Casper, though, and about 6 1/2 hours from Cheyenne.

If you've never been to one, give it a shot :)  A weekend full of games and geeks is a lot of fun.

Well... NOW I might be going. LOL. I've lived here for 20 years and have never been.

Cons are a blast.  I've been going to them since high school.  How far away are you from San Ramon?  DunDraCon's been at the Marriott for... over 20 years.  Back in the 80's, it was at the Oakland Hyatt (and yes, I remember that far back).

Come on by my table and join a game :)  There's always room for one more.

I'm in San Jose - Not far at all. 

I went to GenCon for years until it moved out of Milwaukee (that's how I got into the bit of freelancing I did in the 90's).

I'll check with the Spousal-Unit and see if she wouldn't mind me skipping town for a couple of days. :D

Yeah, the MegaGame is awesome.  Last year, it was 4 tables, with each group working independently, but simultaneously, on the adventure.  In some cases, there was even interaction between the tables.  Lots of fun.

Also, do an event search for RPG games with the search text "star wars".  The game is really starting to come into its own and there's a good number of con-run SW games going on.

Edit:  I should probably mention that there's lots of different games and game systems being run, so if you don't want to get burned out on SW, there's plenty of options to choose from.  I'm probably going to run some board games as well.  Gotta get my con Talisman fix :)

Edited by OggDude

I should be there on Saturday (live in North San Jose) but, depending if the Saturday SWRPG is happening, I might have to leave about 6pm or so to make it on time. Sunday is out because of an X-Wing tourney at Game Kastle in Fremont that day.

So... My wife just pointed out that 2/14 also goes by another name...

...Why would they schedule a con on Valentine's Day???

They think nerds and geeks like us don't have wives and girlfriends lol.

I'll hopefully be seeing some of you tomorrow at the con!  I may have a game at 6, but if not, I'll be at a table in the open gaming room.  Just look for the Star Wars signs :)  Saturday, I'll have a table until a bit before 5 (hopefully).