Sign in to follow this  
OriginalDomingo

Cantina-Hideout Layout

Original posted edited to include new photos.

Introducing (again), "The Warehouse"

WarehouseTitle.png

"The Warehouse" is our cantina/hideout located in the warehouse district of the Corellian sector of Nar Shaddaa.  The overlook into the cantina involves screens several above the bar for viewing sporting events, races, etc.  They are like one-way mirrors allowing the people in the conference room and observation decks to peer down at the bar.  The little "E" circles are escape chutes that lead to a tunnel connected to a friendly shop owner across the street.  The blue circles with double up-down arrows are lift tubes.  Yellow/orange lines are doors.  Blue lines are windows.

Enjoy!

Maps with a key:

WarehouseLowerwithKey.jpeg

WarehouseUpperwithKey.jpeg

WarehouseRoofwithKey.jpeg

Maps without a key:

WarehouseLower.png

WarehouseUpper.png
WarehouseRoof.png

Edited by Domingo

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Is the hangar open-air for vertical liftoff and landing or would the second floor plan include a larger blast door for the ship to enter/exit from?

Open air.  The dotted line is the overhang on the roof.  It will be clear once I finish the second floor plan and the exterior top-down view of the whole building.

Very cool! I love it.

The landspeeder and bikes in the garage, how would you drive them out of the hangar?

Yellow-orange lines are doors, so the big one up top.

Edited by Domingo

As usual, I use the Mac equivalent of PowerPoint and add objects and fill the shapes with textures that i get from the Dundjinni forums and RPGMapShare.  I really should invest in a graphic design program of some kind, but I tend to fall back on my PowerPoint Ranger tab.

Edited by Domingo

This look great!  Maybe a tad on the small side...it wouldn't hold a YT-1300...but the idea and colours and tones are excellent.

Perfect timing too:  I need a new place for my smugglers to arrive at, something like this but with 4 or 5 docking bays all clustered around a big bar...

This look great!  Maybe a tad on the small side...it wouldn't hold a YT-1300...but the idea and colours and tones are excellent.

Perfect timing too:  I need a new place for my smugglers to arrive at, something like this but with 4 or 5 docking bays all clustered around a big bar...

Definitely would be a tight fit for a YT-1300 (from the dotted line to the wall of the medbay is scaled to 38m and a YT-1300 is 34.75m).  You would have to be a heck of a pilot!  I made it small since we only have to fit our HWK-290 (29m) in there.  Also, we are sort of squatting in a derelict warehouse district, so I didn't want to make the building too expansive.  You don't want to draw too much attention to yourself on Nar Shaddaa...so why not open a bar with off-track betting and lugjack machines!  Hmm...I didn't know my PC's motivations were greed and a death wish.

Not every landing bay has to be big enough to handle every freighter :)

And as the OP pointed out, it could let a YT1300 in with a decent pilot (3m to spare :) ) and this is a smuggler's moon, not junior flight school, heheh.

What's the name of the cantina and/or group?

We haven't named it as a group, but we keep calling it the warehouse, so I thought why not call it "The Warehouse."  Rather than something really witty and flashy (I tried and failed to come up with something that wasn't lame), it is the kind of name that locals would give it.

Our group doesn't have a name either.

I live in the desert in a group with no name,

It feels good to be out of the rain.

In the desert you can remember your name,

'Cause there ain't no Hutt for to give you no pain.

… Apologies to the band known as “America”. ;)

My group didn't have a name for a long time.  Then they got involved with the Rebellion and went on a mission.  Someone in the Rebellion mentioned that "We're putting our top men on it".  The mission was a fiasco, but they still managed to pull it off out of sheer luck and blessed incompetence.  So the running joke every time they screwed something up was they were "Top Men".  The name stuck :)

Late to the party, but this is beautiful! Really, really enjoy this, largely because my Crew just bought out an old warehouse on Nar Shadaa and converted it into a cantina, as well! This is almost 100% what I was looking for. My group doesn't have a HWK-290, but otherwise it pretty much hits the mark. Thanks so much for your work on this.

Now...

If I might be permitted to be lazy/entitled for a moment...

... Would there be anyway you could mock up a version of this without the HWK-290 or the labels on it? Pretty please? I have zero photoshop skills.