MacrossVF1

MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

Ha! I love it, it's like a photonegative of N'dru or something... I really like the colored (or coloured, if you prefer) highlights you add to your canopies; I wish my brushwork was that steady! The highlighting on the wings, engines and "tail" are fantastic too, really adding some texture to the model. 

I wish the engine glow was just a little brighter/more vibrant, but this just might be my favorite Z-95 repaint yet! Fine work, sir.

I wish the engine glow was just a little brighter/more vibrant, but this just might be my favorite Z-95 repaint yet! Fine work, sir.

Some X-wing models, among them the Z-95, has the peculiar problem that the exhaust is both too narrow and too deep which means that any colour I put into it can barely be seen due to dark shadow the hole creates. It's very hard to get around it.

A third hot rod Zed. The fourth and final one aren't quite finished however so it will be a few days before I can show it.

BlueFin1.jpg

BlueFin2.jpg

BlueFin3.jpg

BlueFin4.jpg

Now dammit why ain't you still posting cool stuff like this over at Battle Builders?!

Our little family is active and having fun every week, but you ran away from homes...

Mean Ole Selfish Thing!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think somebody must design a race scenario/campaign after this...

Yeah that would be awesome! :D

Now dammit why ain't you still posting cool stuff like this over at Battle Builders?!

Our little family is active and having fun every week, but you ran away from homes...

Mean Ole Selfish Thing!

I don't really have any excuse except pure laziness and perhaps a bit too much to do. I suppose I have to do better. At the very least I should post any scratchbuilds on Battle Builders.

I think somebody must design a race scenario/campaign after this...

Yeah that would be awesome! :D

Mean Ole Selfish Thing!

I don't really have any excuse except pure laziness and perhaps a bit too much to do. I suppose I have to do better. At the very least I should post any scratchbuilds on Battle Builders.

A lot of people like you Bro. BB's was for guys like us. Even Crabs shows up, and Rob Jedi... so it is all fun and kinda cool.

;)

Here's the requested close-ups of the astromechs. And yes, you get a sneak peek of the final Y-wing here. I personally don't think these are anything special, not compared to a previous astromech I painted on another Y-wing of which I have included a picture below.

hUUuREZ.jpg

ODajH3l.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Thanks for the close ups, always interested in how people paint their astromechs, and your are all nicely done, one in the bottom pic especially.

Looks like all R6s, love that they're all white too, for that bit of contrast that makes them stand out

On 2015-07-28 at 7:11 AM, Mr Tough Guy said:

Thanks for the close ups, always interested in how people paint their astromechs, and your are all nicely done, one in the bottom pic especially.

Looks like all R6s, love that they're all white too, for that bit of contrast that makes them stand out

I actually painted them to look like R5 units, but yeah, the shape is probably closer to R6 units. Now, I will say this about painting astromechs. Many wargamers complain about painting eyes but that is dead simple compared to painting astro-units on this scale!

Anyway, here is the last beast/animal themed Y-wing. The last picture shows the source creature. I have no idea what species of snake that is, but it's very colourful.

uc?export=download&id=1v8zzGoj7u7ZH9lx13

uc?export=download&id=1HV7sc2K2ztLIkANRS

4a5dbef5582b5aaeab39832880d254c6.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates