6 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

I am excited to see what the future holds for you :) And then in turn, us :D 

Of course he didn´t :P....Sorastro paints much better =)

Question for Sorastro. Will this game be 28mm or compatible with the minis we own from IA?

3 minutes ago, mjusto said:

Of course he didn´t :P....Sorastro paints much better =)

Question for Sorastro. Will this game be 28mm or compatible with the minis we own from IA?

He have already addressed this I think, the minis will be 35 mm scale (27 mm bases) vs IA that is 30-32 mm scale (I think) with 25 mm bases. So fairly close, but IA will be slightly smaller.
Hope that helps.

10 hours ago, mjusto said:

Hi mjusto!

Yes as Wolftame says - I measured the new SWL Luke and he's 35mm tall, compared to the IA Luke who stands at 30mm (see my tweet below).  I personally love the new scale - the minis are so much nicer to paint - you can really enjoy the shapes and volumes much more, and of course the details are easier to define. :)

Thanks for confirming @Sorastro, that image is the perfect comparison.

I suppose you could use the Legion miniatures if you wanted for IA as they aren't that far off, or vice-verca.

Sure the heads look quite different, however as someone who enjoys painting more than acually playing, I'm happy enough with the scale. 

Thanks Sorastro!

I have to tackle Bobba Fett now and I realize that I haven´t got Sotek Green...

How would you replace / create it with other Citadel paints?

Thanks in advance!

I'm about to varnish my first set of stormtrooper and I have a couple of questions.

They have probably already ben asked and answered but there is 64 pages.

With the Army Painter Anti-shine spay how many coats should I do? Also, what the drying time between coats?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to @Sorastro for the videos.

29cubs8.png

First mini complete! Thanks again Sorastro for the vids, wouldn’t have made the plunge without them.

Few general thoughts:

- I experienced the “citadel drying paint” problem as others have mentioned earlier in this thread. I don’t think I closed them properly. You really gotta press down on them!

- Overall I’m pretty proud with how it turned out! But I really didn’t feel like I was highlighting. It was more like: “slapping on white paint and making sure shadowed areas have a little nuln oil on it” hehe. Very excited and nervous about future minis with actual colours!

- Abut halfway through the model, I was shaking my head in disgust. A few more paint strokes later and I was patting myself on the back. Can’t stress how important it is to stay motivated to completely finish the miniature. 

1 hour ago, Armandhammer said:

29cubs8.png

First mini complete! Thanks again Sorastro for the vids, wouldn’t have made the plunge without them.

Few general thoughts:

- I experienced the “citadel drying paint” problem as others have mentioned earlier in this thread. I don’t think I closed them properly. You really gotta press down on them!

- Overall I’m pretty proud with how it turned out! But I really didn’t feel like I was highlighting. It was more like: “slapping on white paint and making sure shadowed areas have a little nuln oil on it” hehe. Very excited and nervous about future minis with actual colours!

- Abut halfway through the model, I was shaking my head in disgust. A few more paint strokes later and I was patting myself on the back. Can’t stress how important it is to stay motivated to completely finish the miniature. 

Great job! Much better than mine, so, be sure you´ll do an excellent job on next ones....

On 9/9/2017 at 3:54 PM, Armandhammer said:

29cubs8.png

Few general thoughts:

I found the Stormtroopers to be the biggest headache in the box; trying to keep them looking nice and white while also applying shading is NOT easy.  I almost gave up on the troopers, myself.  I found the other figures, including all the heroes, Vader, etc., to be MUCH easier, really. 

I started a thread to show my minis if you want to take a look and see if my opinion really means anything. 

I'm not positive what Sorastro uses, but I use regular blue tack--the stuff you use to hang posters and what-not on the wall when you don't want to use tape.

The brand I use comes in pre-segmented bits.  I take half a piece, warm it up, and roll it out.  Press it down on a pop bottle cap and then press a miniature down on top of it.  I haven't painted anything but the small (25mm bases) miniatures, so I don't know if I"ll need two or more pieces to hold a Nexu.  I'm guessing that the Rancor will require at least one full piece.

39 minutes ago, jscott991 said:

Thanks!

I looked it up and that seems like what I need.

I highly recommended elmer's poster tack.

I bought two packs thinking it's a one and done type of material but I've been using the same piece for weeks (constantly attaching and removing minis from it).

The tack is amazing! I had difficulty finding it at first but your local crafts store should have it.

I use "white tack" which is basically a generic no-brand version of blu-tac and I stick the figures to upside down shot glasses to make them easy to handle.  I think the pack I bought should last me forever as you can re-use it again and again.

I've seen some fancy magnifying glass mounts with grips that hold a figure, but part of me thinks they might make it harder to paint small details, because if I'm not holding the figure, I only have sight to tell me where it is, whereas when it's in my mitt, I also have proprioception helping me out.

1 hour ago, udat said:

I use "white tack" which is basically a generic no-brand version of blu-tac and I stick the figures to upside down shot glasses to make them easy to handle.  I think the pack I bought should last me forever as you can re-use it again and again.

That's what I use! (I happen to have the UHU White Tack but I can't imagine much of a difference between brands.) :)