Well...I advanced to Probe Droids....just given the Matte VArnish.....only missing the gloss varnish on lenses, which I´ll do tomorrow after matte barnish dries...

I thought I wasn´t going to like painting them as I didnt see them that special, but I found them very interesting....

What do you think of them? Still gloss varnish missing on lenses....

4-dw5BGETsCQZ8m7dlETcA.png

Imperial officers...only gloss on boots still missing....

I´m not convinced about highlights..I think I´m still not doing them correctly....

O0ObA7ZRR6WWTMlQyT7M5Q.png

F6uDGUkyTYWTpWNhBJV04A.png

q8CX8DwYRKqQhqGmPs4z8w.png

On 7/13/2017 at 9:10 PM, mjusto said:

So...after a while without painting...I came back from Europe and could buy a lot of Citadel paints and be released from my black/white jail...

After Stormtroopers and E-Web Engineers, I painted the Imperial Guards.

I am quite happy with the results, I am a complete newbie and I think I did a better job than with the stormtroopers....

Still, I think I messed up with highlights as I almost covered all of Mephiston Red with the "highlights" of Evil Sunz Red (instead of doing highlights I ended up covering almost completely poor Mephiston)...Anyway, apart from that, I´´ am happy because I think they are a bit tidier than my Stormtroopers and, although far from perfect, they are more than I expected been capable of....Still, it is a plain miniature and more challenging miniatures are ahead.

Let me know what you think! (in the back, primed Darth Vader waiting for his turn).

FA9myJ1kQZa9AQ8cC8Y01w.png

Your Royal Guards are absolutely beautiful!!!!??

Well...Darth Vader now...only missing gloss as I´m waiting for Matte spray VArnish to dry....

It took me A LOT of time...and I found it really difficult (not the guide, but to achieve the same results) and the result is not thaaaat good...

Still, it is more than I thought that I was capable of at times BS ("Before Sorastro"....should be like BC and AD).

I still fail in understanding highlights and how to apply them...I mean, they are clear in the videos, but when I take the brush, I act as if it weren´t....lol....

Anyway.....I post two pictures because it shows different depending on the light...not sure which picture reflects more the reality of it...

mI-yh0K1Roev9aM27qOT2g.png

aOqEFFawRdGh6hgcYkFeWg.png

On 22/07/2017 at 11:16 PM, mjusto said:

Well...Darth Vader now...only missing gloss as I´m waiting for Matte spray VArnish to dry....

It took me A LOT of time...and I found it really difficult (not the guide, but to achieve the same results) and the result is not thaaaat good...

Still, it is more than I thought that I was capable of at times BS ("Before Sorastro"....should be like BC and AD).

I still fail in understanding highlights and how to apply them...I mean, they are clear in the videos, but when I take the brush, I act as if it weren´t....lol....

Anyway.....I post two pictures because it shows different depending on the light...not sure which picture reflects more the reality of it...

Hi mjusto! 

I think you've done a terrific job with your Vader!  If it's any comfort I was incredibly nervous when I came to paint Vader.  He ain't easy but I think you certainly got the "less-is-more" idea when it comes to highlighting black and I think you've used great judgement in how much of the red glaze to use :)

Thanks Sorastro!

The "less is more" was more about giving black and lahmian medium after too much (and mainly untidy and poorly done) highlights than really thought of.

Anyway, now I´ am on Trandoshan mercenaries....they are taking me even more time...

I nulned oiled too much my camouflage ones, but, I´ll see in the end and post the results....

Great great guides!

Edited by mjusto
typo

Well, Trandoshan mercenaries finished....only base missing (thinking of using Stirland BAttlemire instead of grey, grey looks awsome, but maybe Stirland Battlemire or maybe stirland mud may feel more suitable with the steel legion drab weathering of their feet....never played the game yet, so maybe grey is better considering where will they be played on???), mate varnish and gloss on eyes....

Many pictures and very zoomed....sorry about that....

This time I´m happy with highlights, at least theones in the skin....a bit easier though as it was easier to find were to place them....

3oIosL3zTS2bQOxpupbEuA.png

_bibJ_EcSn__ob2aq2Q37A.png

uKvmFxI-ROK49V6LXZjP0A.png

Kn4aXlULQPO2gRkculnTmQ.png

hzn41apDSimiM-REwg_cjQ.png

XTu4A4zzTOGSEAEUdJBrRg.png

EzXnwCoVShmlz26jpwNYpw.png

Skftxwk0RZqrJLcwObNClw.png

Jyn, IG88 and Diala...

Let me know if you like any of them...if any....

I think Diala is the best job, but, I really overdid the lightsaber reflection...much more than intended (I intend to do as close as Sorastro´s), but I think I exagerated...maybe the fact that I didn´t have Barratoth Blue and had to improvise with Templar Guard Blue with White (1 part to 2 parts relation)...

-uHN765OQZ2b2MkHevi2ZA.png

6hSKvCFqSZ2CyCaAUT9mWw.png

8-cuv_yESOKBArCfAQfVeA.png

B-ZAIXRBSnqrtY7ZbggSMg.png

On 13/08/2017 at 7:24 AM, mjusto said:

Jyn, IG88 and Diala...

Let me know if you like any of them...if any....

I think Diala is the best job, but, I really overdid the lightsaber reflection...much more than intended (I intend to do as close as Sorastro´s), but I think I exagerated...maybe the fact that I didn´t have Barratoth Blue and had to improvise with Templar Guard Blue with White (1 part to 2 parts relation)...

Hey mjusto! They look great - especially Jyn and IG-88! Diala also looks good, even if you were a little heavy handed with the blue OSL.  To tone the effect down on the cloak you could try simply glazing some of your brown on top.. :)