Sorry for the delay.  I finished these last week, but my Ipad doesn't have the picture sharing button on the forum for some reason so I had to find the initiative to get up to my computer and paste the link.  

Here are my royal guards: please do enjoy.

Pleased to say the AT-ST and Officers are going well, I only have one problem:  The AT-ST is so much more fun to paint that I've spent all my time with that and haven't gotten the highlights on my Officers yet.

Lovely work flightmaster!  I have to agree about the AT-ST being a whole lotta fun to paint :)

Great job on those troopers KMitchell! Neat, solid painting all round :)

(Is that Brighton in UK btw?)

It is indeed. It's been wonderful painting weather lately...  ;)

Hey me too!  Have you been to the Dice Saloon yet? They've got a really great selection of games, paints, etc..

Ha! Yep - I run the weekly X-Wing evening every Tuesday there. You should stop on in if you're around.

No way! I might pop down one Tuesday then :)

Great job on those troopers KMitchell! Neat, solid painting all round :)

(Is that Brighton in UK btw?)

It is indeed. It's been wonderful painting weather lately...  ;)

Hey me too!  Have you been to the Dice Saloon yet? They've got a really great selection of games, paints, etc..

Ha! Yep - I run the weekly X-Wing evening every Tuesday there. You should stop on in if you're around.

No way! I might pop down one Tuesday then :)

Another match made in heaven.... :P

Got the grey spots on my officers. After this hassle and the probe droids, it makes me wonder:is citadel clear coat notoriously garbage or am I doing something wrong?

I have a spray booth in the garage where is outside temp. So I have my figures and spray in the house and warmed up to room temp. I spray outside and immediately bring everything inside to dry at room temp. I am deathly afraid of overspray so I doubt that's what it is. I shake the can for at least two minutes before spraying as well.

I don't know what more I can do. Any ideas?

Thanks

Unfortunately no. The only hobby store that has miniature painting supplies is a Games workshop so you can imagine how much zealotry is involved with citadel products. The only other hobby store is for model airplanes and stuff. They don't have army painter or citadel, they don't even have the testors clear coat you use.

I did see testors on amazon but via a third party. Worse comes to worse I'll buy it there.

Incidentally I did find a tamyia aircraft grey primer that's very close to the AT-ST base color. Once I post pics let me know if it looks too light.

Also saw the descent episode on patreon today, well done as always! Really awesome to see my name in the credits too.

Thanks for all the tips Sorastro. Here's some of my stuff that I have painted so far. Just Finished up the probe droids last night.nov18.jpg

They look great !!! Where do u get the extra prob droids sir

Thanks. I bought two core sets. Edited by rlann

jonboyjon, do you just superglue onto the clear bases? or do you drill and pin them aswell? I have been toying with the idea of of swapping my bases but am worried that it will all go horribly wrong and i will end up with a lot of models without bases as they have broken in storage (which is a foam core filler for the main box)

jonboyjon, do you just superglue onto the clear bases? or do you drill and pin them aswell? I have been toying with the idea of of swapping my bases but am worried that it will all go horribly wrong and i will end up with a lot of models without bases as they have broken in storage (which is a foam core filler for the main box)

I realize this is for another user... I also have the clear bases.  I just used small dabs of superglue to stick them on, and so far the only pieces I have had problems with are the imperial officers and probe droids.  Inside foam, stored properly, I'm sure it would be just fine without pins.  I have the battlefoam insert, and frequently put 2 figures (standing up) in each slot.  Mine are just fine with exception to the IO's and probe droids.  Hope that helps!

Have been following your amazing tutorials Sorastro, just finished the core set baddies!

Cheers n00dles!  (The links you posted appear to be broken..?)

any chance to get list of the paints before release? ;)

Sure thing!  As soon as I've compiled the list within the next day or two I'll share it here.  (There are only a couple of paints needed that haven't yet been used in the series so hopefully you won't have many to buy!) :)

Holy cow n00dles and feltmonkey!  That's some seriously awesome painting on display there.  I think that's the best Boba I've seen, and n00dles - I love that cracked earth effect on the Nexu's base; was that done with one of the Citadel technical paints like Blackfire Earth or something?

Anyway, as promised here's the paint list for Han Solo (still a few days away from completion).  There are only two that I haven't used before:

>Kantor Blue

>Balor Brown (This one isn't important however and you could easily substitute it with any mid/light-tone brown (like Tallarn Sand for example).

The rest have been used before, although the Bugman's Glow was only used once (for the Nexu tails):

>Bugman's Glow

>Screaming Skull

>Ceramite White

>White Scar

>Mechanicus Standard Grey

>Abaddon Black

>Steel Legion Drab

>Mournfang Brown

>Tallarn Sand

>Mephiston Red

>Evil Sunz Scarlet

>Celestra Grey

>Runefang Steel

>Agrax Earthshade

>Nuln Oil

>Druchii Violet

>Reikland Fleshshade

>Drakenhof Nightshade

>Cadian Fleshtone

>Kislev Flesh

>Aministratum Grey

>Lahmian Medium

>'Ardcoat Gloss Varnish

>Eshin Grey

Happy painting!

Ah, you went with Kantor Blue, Sorastro. I used Macragge Blue which is very close but not quite as dark.

Also, awesome looking Boba Fett, feltmonkey. Makes me feel bad that I haven't even painted mine yet. It's primed and been waiting for a couple of months. Lately I've been so busy with painting Runebound figures. Got 5/6 of them done so I can return to Imperial Assault figures soon.

They aren't entirely finished. I still need to hit them with a matte clearcoat, then maybe brush on some 'Ardcoat if I think the armor needs it, but here is my first painted group, using The Sorastro MethodTM. I didn't opt to do the weathering or blaster marks.

Stormtroopers.jpg

It was much more difficult than I expected based on the videos, but that might be a matter of practice, or just my unsteady hand. I may still opt to commission someone to paint most of my stuff.

It look ok :) All you need is to be patience dude!

This is my first time on painting some miniature as well.

7cUTIF.jpg

MQ56oi.jpg

My hand is also unsteady as hell

Once the result may not be satisfy , you can just use some white to correct some dirt area , or use any nail remover with tooth brush to crean all the painted and, spray them all over again

It took me 2 time on using those remover b4 feeling satisfy with them TvT

Edited by Boomb

They aren't entirely finished. I still need to hit them with a matte clearcoat, then maybe brush on some 'Ardcoat if I think the armor needs it, but here is my first painted group, using The Sorastro MethodTM. I didn't opt to do the weathering or blaster marks.

It was much more difficult than I expected based on the videos, but that might be a matter of practice, or just my unsteady hand. I may still opt to commission someone to paint most of my stuff.

Well done Leveton!  The storm troopers are probably the most "look-easy-but-really-aren't" figures in the game and yours look 10x better than unpainted lumps of plastic.  The trooper on the left looks a fair bit better than the one on the right as you've managed to leave more of the darker washed areas in the recesses - good job!