Sign in to follow this  
RookieOne

Will we see the Falcon in high levels of production again?

Hello all, a good morning to you!

I hope I'm not making this too much of a rant, I will try to be as objective as I can but I can't help but feel a little disappointed in the supplies of the Falcon. I'm based in the UK, and we received such a short supply of falcons that they sold out in 2 hours across almost all of the online stores and shops meaning that those who want to get their hands on a falcon either have to buy one second hand, overseas or for a ridiculously high price on ebay. I know it's a wave 1 piece, and because of that it may not be a priority for FF but it is perhaps the most iconic ship of the Star Wars universe and I couldn't see it go out of popularity anytime soon. I guess my question is, is there any info on how often they reproduce old models and might we see a more steady supply of falcons over time?

Also, if anyone knows a uk (or european, i dont mind paying a little postage) store that sells the falcon that would be greatly appreciated too of course!

It's Wave 2.

it is perhaps the most iconic ship of the Star Wars universe and I couldn't see it go out of popularity anytime soon

As soon as it stops being the netdeck ship of choice it'll go back into being available.

Incidentally, if you're willing to buy overseas anyway you could always go for Miniature Market. It's USA based, but their prices are a 33% discount anyway due to exchange rate and MM puts a further 33% discount on that. International postage is expensive but with such a heavy discount it'll probably cancel out and end up not much more.

Edited by TIE Pilot

Offlinegaming.nl has 14 Falcons in stock.

http://www.offlinegaming.nl/miniatuur_spellen/star_wars_x_wing_miniaturen?page=2

Shipping depends on how much you spend so your best bet would be to get a group together, buy a bunch and sell the surplus at a normal price.

Do you or anyone else for that matter know in what language the Dutch distribute X-Wing?

They often use English, but I would like to be sure...

Offlinegaming.nl has 14 Falcons in stock.http://www.offlinegaming.nl/miniatuur_spellen/star_wars_x_wing_miniaturen?page=2

Shipping depends on how much you spend so your best bet would be to get a group together, buy a bunch and sell the surplus at a normal price.

Do you or anyone else for that matter know in what language the Dutch distribute X-Wing?

They often use English, but I would like to be sure...

English.

Spellenrijk.nl also has the falcon for sale.

There may be a trickle of Falcons showing up at stores now, but the reprint is still showing as 'on the boat' on the FFG status page. I'm sure it'll be readily available along with all the currently hard to find ships at the same time wave 6 hits the stores.

I feel your pain. There are no stockists AT ALL near me. Online is literally my only option.

Then I see these posts from people who found a gold mine at B&N or somewhere similar .. acquire their desired models .. with a discount.  Makes me sad.

I have found Miniature Market to be the best price. The 33% price decrease helps offset the cost of postage. The Book Depository is also good (free shipping) though their range tends to be very limited.

I feel your pain. There are no stockists AT ALL near me. Online is literally my only option.

Then I see these posts from people who found a gold mine at B&N or somewhere similar .. acquire their desired models .. with a discount.  Makes me sad.

I have found Miniature Market to be the best price. The 33% price decrease helps offset the cost of postage. The Book Depository is also good (free shipping) though their range tends to be very limited.

I know usually at B&N they might be getting 10% off if thryre a member of thier discount thing (which costs money to join). As far as quantities, In DC metro area its been spotty with a few found here or there but not a steady stock of them.