Sign in to follow this  
sgtkneecaps

First Expansion and Extra Dice

Well its official! The King in Yellow is on its way! After playing again with those new players I mentioned earlier, we all agreed that, while it was somewhat intense, once we figured out what to do the base game was rather straight forward. So I ordered my first small expansion, wanting to start off slow. 

I also bought 50 dice, 10 dice of 5 different colors (red, yellow, green, dark blue, and light blue). I noticed that people were getting annoyed with sharing the 5 dice and having to remember how many extra dice they got if, lets say they had 6+ combat scores. So if everyone gets 10 of their own color dice, than its just a tad easier. I never saw a problem with it, but I'm dealing with novice gamers, and some visual people. I aim to please, as if I don't I won't have people to play with!

I also plan to make Arkham horror health sliders this weekend. I'll let you know how all of this turns out!

Edited by sgtkneecaps

The King in Yellow is still my absolute favorite expansion among the entire array of both large and small expansions.  Have a great time with it, and savor all of it...even now, when I include everything into my game, I use the King in Yellow Herald...it's simply awesome!

Cheers,

Joe

The King in Yellow is still my absolute favorite expansion among the entire array of both large and small expansions.  Have a great time with it, and savor all of it...even now, when I include everything into my game, I use the King in Yellow Herald...it's simply awesome!

Cheers,

Joe

I figured I'd get that one first because both you and Julia have mentioned that you loved it! I'm excited to get it, but it won't be here until thursday-saturday :c

If you are dealing with very visual people, you might want to consider the official AH dice, where successes are depicted with large elder signs. There are dice for cursed and blessed investigarors as well, naturally.

I think you might find it a bit expensive to let each player have their own pool of all three types of dice however, so they'd have to share.

If you are dealing with very visual people, you might want to consider the official AH dice, where successes are depicted with large elder signs. There are dice for cursed and blessed investigarors as well, naturally.

I think you might find it a bit expensive to let each player have their own pool of all three types of dice however, so they'd have to share.

I Love the arkham dice and I'd probably just get them for myself haha. I can be the cool person.

Only 50 dice? I recently bought 9 sets of Chessex dice, each containing 12 die. I had the same thought as you, everyone should have enough dicenter.

I have more dice from D&D and other game dice. Hoping it scrapes together!!!

Yeah, just shuffle everything in and you'll be fine. Touring could be crazy if you don't know very well how to break the deck. But the permanent exibition... yay, it's a lot of fun :)

I got goosebumps reading the directions and wondering why I decided to add the scary intense expansion. I did read all the investigator cards and enjoyed the new types of help, ESPECIALLY the ticking time bomb. That sounds like so much fun XD