Sign in to follow this  
mazz0

ARC 170s (again)

Well the F-4 phantom is proof that if you add enough thrust, even a brick can fly. So more engines may be a worth wild mantra

Tell that to my rockets in Kerbal Space Program.

You clearly didn't have enough rockets.

Nah, a long straight wing and a lot of hardpoints... they were going for this:

a10_2.jpg

What bothers me about the K-wing is the terrible rear turret placement. It's also strange that it's the only ship in Star Wars to use ordnance hardpoints, but maybe it's a brand new technology invented for this mashine :P

Messerschmitt-Me-410B-2U-4_10.jpg

this is what I see...

Chunky pre WWII and actual chunky WWII aircrafts, (german whatif's included)

Edited by Rhaivaen

I just saw a rumour that the ARC170, H6 Scurrg, TIE Special Forces and a mando fighter are coming for wave 9

Just saying. Imma take that wager now.

Source??

Would be freaking awesome if true!

1463517252916.jpg

The last 4 ships on the list are:

-ARC 170

-TIE DELLE FORZE SPECIALI (Italian for Special Forces TIE)

-ASTROCACCIA DEL PROTETTORATO (Protectorate Starfighter)

-SHADOWCASTER

However take it with a grain of salt, everyone could have made a spreadsheet like that

Pretty obviously faked, though - FFG's development time on ships is over a year, and the Mando fighter and Shadowcaster only just got created this year.

I'm pretty sure we WILL get them, someday, but not in wave 9 - simply not enough time for FFG to have turned those around.  I mean, for real, look how long it took FFG to get the Ghost and Inquisitor's TIE out (hell, the Inquisitor himself was dead nearly a full year before we finally got his fighter!) - and that would be the 'crash course, fastest we can turn something around' speed.

No way the Mando fighter and Shadowcaster are in wave 9.  Not a chance.

Oh really now?

I just saw a rumour that the ARC170, H6 Scurrg, TIE Special Forces and a mando fighter are coming for wave 9

I find it genuinely impressive how accurate this rumor was. No H6, but 3/4 of this post was true.

And with a quick glance the shadowcaster could be mistaken for a H6. As I recall, when the shadowcaster was first teased in the season 2 trailer there was a lot of speculation that it was the scurrg.

Well the F-4 phantom is proof that if you add enough thrust, even a brick can fly. So more engines may be a worth wild mantra

I put more on and it gets worser :(

I find it genuinely impressive how accurate this rumor was. No H6, but 3/4 of this post was true.

And with a quick glance the shadowcaster could be mistaken for a H6. As I recall, when the shadowcaster was first teased in the season 2 trailer there was a lot of speculation that it was the scurrg.

Yeah I honestly thought they were the same thing.

It's all about stages my man. 50+ rockets for the initial take off. I recommend having several going laterally to initiate spin and keep it straight. Once they burn out ditch em and set off the next 30.

I <3 that card art so much.

Yup, me too :)

Bomber and this card are main reasons for this box to be bought by me, not the TIE Defender stuff, lol.

What are you both thinking of using it with?

It's all about stages my man. 50+ rockets for the initial take off. I recommend having several going laterally to initiate spin and keep it straight. Once they burn out ditch em and set off the next 30.

It got a lot easier once I unlocked bigger rockets.

Almost landed on the Mun the other day, but my lander fell over :(  Need to unlock proper lander components.

Bomber and this card are main reasons for this box to be bought by me, not the TIE Defender stuff, lol.

The Bomber or the Systems Officer?

The Systems Officer would be cool in either a supporting Phantom, or in my Decimator :)

The Bombers are good because they are cheap EPT bombers, how to use them?, hmmz..

Daredevil,

Engine Upgrade,

Weapons wise not sure yet.

I'd like to run some Gamma Vets with Deathrain and Capt Jonus, but the size of such a fleet would make it prolly Epic <_<

The Systems Officer would be cool in either a supporting Phantom, or in my Decimator :)

The Bombers are good because they are cheap EPT bombers, how to use them?, hmmz..

Daredevil,

Engine Upgrade,

I'd like to run some Gamma Vets with Deathrain and Capt Jonus, but the size of such a fleet would make it prolly Epic <_<

Isn't is a little unfair that these generic TIE Bomber pilots get EPTs but the best veteran Y-Wing pilots don't?

Daredevil,

Engine Upgrade,

Isn't is a little unfair that these generic TIE Bomber pilots get EPTs but the best veteran Y-Wing pilots don't?

Can't say for sure if this is so or not, don't have enough experience yet to judge that issue.

I do think however, seeing the fluff description of the Gamma Squadron Veterans being more manoeuvrable.

Thus my choice of Daredevil EPT and Engine Upgrade  :D  :wub:  <_< 

the ps 3 might still be mook status

to be honest, though, epts don't matter that much here given the combo of astro and crew

so long as ffg doesn't design an ability that needs an outside card to work (like norra), it's not that essential

on the other hand, if the PS 3 (cheapest one) gets an ept slot, Adrenaline Rush with a gunner r3-a2 combo will be disgusting

on the other hand, if the PS 3 (cheapest one) gets an ept slot, Adrenaline Rush with a gunner r3-a2 combo will be disgusting

Dunno, am not expecting it. (ps 3 to get a ept, that is)

Why is that an disgusting combo?

:)

Dunno, am not expecting it. (ps 3 to get a ept, that is)

Why is that an disgusting combo?

:)

poor stressed bugger can't ever turn to shoot you while you're on his butt 24/7 :P

r3-a2 TLT btl-a4 Y-wing can only turn 90 degrees when stressed, meaning there's a window of opportunity for the opponent to slip past it even after receiving stress. If the ARC-170 gets a k-turn, + adrenaline rush to turn it into a white maneuver, you will stick on that target forever and he won't be able to turn to engage you

the aux arc will allow you to maintain arc for another turn even after the initial pass (until you both get out of range), but after a K-turn you can just follow the opponent into hell and back

Edited by ficklegreendice