Sign in to follow this  
Decaramas

Heroes Finally announced.

Yes, this is great news.  I was thinking the Cattle Rider and Sling cards were something to make us hold out for another month or two, not a day or two.  This is awesome!

Good news, now will the perceived power level of the Cleric hero be relatively less compared to the perceived level of the Lore Council Cleric?

Come to that how will the Lore Council and Hero interact?....

Chris

(p.s. looking forward to updates on this!)

I been waiting for this day.  I had to do a double take when I saw it officially announced.  It's about time they dangle a carrot in front of everyone.  Any news is good news.  Thanks FFG for the update!!!  Much appreciated!

Heroes sounds very interesting.  I'm guessing your cleric hero would become more powerful if you leveled the cleric higher in the war council???  Maybe they would start you out with some experience points?  Hmmm...

Too little, too late. Sorry FFG, you simply took too long to hold my interest. I've since moved to better games...

NOT!

(It's supposed to be funny because we all know there is no such thing as a better game than Battlelore. It simply doesn't exist; you know, like the Boogieman for example.)

It does sound very interesting. What I'd like very much to know is:

[1] what's the interplay (if any) between war council and heroes on the field? Does the war council selection have any effects on the heroes you can put on the battlefield or are these two orthogonal?

[2] is hero advancement / progression envisioned to take place within the course of a single game or across multiple games?

I have always envisioned heroes actually being the lore council memebers themselves represented on the battelfield, therefore giving your opponent the oppurtunity to Take out your lore council members. Wether this is the case or not is still up in the air with no mention of how these 2 things interact.

It does represent a few issues but also some interesting new rules.

The big issue being that as presented, no 2 players can have the same hero or lore council member (cleric for example) as they only provide one. Therefore the lore council rules would have to be changed to reflect that.

Also, starting the lore council with one member each (of a different kind) at level one would reflect the players hero on the board and provide a way to track its level progress in the lore council...ie: a level 1 cleric levels to level 2 next game, and can therefore play cleric cards at such level, but all other cards would be played out of character.

Bravo McWilley said:

The big issue being that as presented, no 2 players can have the same hero or lore council member (cleric for example) as they only provide one. Therefore the lore council rules would have to be changed to reflect that.

Ahh, but you might be forgetting something: why wouldn't there be 2 different clerics, one on each side? or 2 wizards? etc. In our world there usually is more than 1 person who has the same profession/calling/gift after all...

The box has 10 hero figures, 5 figures per side maybe? (2 clerics, 2 wizards, 2 rogues, etc.)

The mounted/unmounted versions is what lead me to think this way. In this case, I guess each player could then have a cleric, but only one can be mounted and the other would not be. Also, if this is the case, then how would 2 players each take a cleric and choose the same starting skill or each not take the mounted skill. This basically would force one player to take mounted as a staring skill....impractical to say the least.

The only way this would work would be to double the amount of figures to 20 so each side would have one of each type. I guess that could be the case.

Wow! Too cool! Looks like I got into this game at just right time! I've played Battlelore for about three months now and loved every game of it. Now the game takes a new turn and looks like it will be a great one!

Bravo McWilley said:

Also, if this is the case, then how would 2 players each take a cleric and choose the same starting skill or each not take the mounted skill. This basically would force one player to take mounted as a staring skill....impractical to say the least.

The only way this would work would be to double the amount of figures to 20 so each side would have one of each type. I guess that could be the case.

Or another way to make it work is to force each player to buy a set, thereby assuring you can choose whatever you like for your hero.

I would say figures for the heroes will be limited just as creatures have been, so it will likewise be first-come, first served. That's fine with me, just leaves more room in the box for the >100 cards being added in as well!.

Interestingly, in the comments of the announcement, a few people have made reference to the cost, as though it had been listed somewhere, but I don't even see it as a pre-order in the FFG store yet. Is it listed somewhere and I just missed it?

Battlelore: Heroes Expansion

BL10
$39.95
Not Yet Available
Battlelore: Heroes Expansion 

BattleLore: Heroes introduces player-created Leaders and Champions to augment your camp's forces in battles. 

As with all journeys, the beginning is never easy. As a fledgling adventurer, you begin with a bare minimum of skills and artifacts to help you combat the enemy. Adventures have the potential to reward your intrepid Hero greatly if he performs well. But beware, battlefields are not without peril, and taking too many wounds may force your Hero into an unwanted early retirement. 

Prepare yourself for the journey of a lifetime!

BattleLore: Heroes includes 10 unique Hero figures, a Rules booklet, 110 Skill, Artifact, and Landmark cards, and much more!

Coming Fall 2009

Better be one hell of a rules booklet ;)  $40 is the price point I expected for full army expansions w/cta deployment decks.  Not to say I won't gladly shell out forty bucks for Heroes gran_risa.gif

Wow $40 US huh?  I have to agree about what is driving up the price point on this expansion- are these figures going to be painted?  will it contain a huge rulebook with campaign options and a plethora of scenarios? are there other extras that are not mentioned?  Regardless, I'll pick this up but it seems to hedge more towards the Troll pack pricing scheme than the normal expansion pricing...  I hope that price point doesn't turn more fans away. 

Finally is right! & it's still months away.So we'll see, FFG is pumping out a lot of must have stuff for me over the next few months so BL Heros is a wait & see.Still is nice to see FFG is doing something with BL.

OD

I will want to see what the "and much more" means when it comes to deciding whether or not to plunk for this expansion. Ten 15mm figs, a large deck of cards and a rules booklet isn't enough for me to spend $40 plus tax/and or shipping.

But the expansion itself does sound great.

I think the thing to remember about the price is that a year ago this probably would have been priced at $30US but FFG seem to have added about $10US to the cost of ALL their boxed games due to increased printing expenses. I also think most of the cost of this product is the fact that each of the ten figures included is a unique sculpt, still I won't even pretend I'm hesitant to buy. I'll get this the minute it comes out.happy.gif