Sign in to follow this  
AcidBurn

My build build for Store Championship - Need some advice

Right - its getting late lol.

I just find that the 1 evade makes very little difference either way and the 4 points can be spent better on something else.

like what?  a shield upgrade?  oh wait, isn't that the same HP savings as just one evade token?  oh, and you potentially get that over the course of multiple rounds, you say? and, it combos with EI or PTL shenanigans?  let me guess, you're one of those people who think C3PO sucks on the falcon, too... 

Edited by barn34

Right - its getting late lol.

I just find that the 1 evade makes very little difference either way and the 4 points can be spent better on something else.

like what?  a shield upgrade?  oh wait, isn't that the same HP savings as just one evade token?  oh, and you potentially get that over the course of multiple rounds, you say? and, it combos with EI or PTL shenanigans?  let me guess, you're one of those people who think C3PO sucks on the falcon, too... 

Oh brother :rolleyes:

Since you asked...

Based on his original list:

Move RC to whisper.

Drop ysanne and add Gunner to Chiraneau.  Gunner with expose gives you a much better chance of having a successful attack.

Focus or TL as your action, trigger EI for Expose and you still have gunner for a second chance to have a successful hit.  After all, isn't Chiraneau more of an attack pilot than a defensive pilot?  Ysanne makes more sense to me on Kenkirk as he is more defensive.

As for C3P0 - Paul Heavers 2014 World's win speaks for itself.  Anything else you need clarified?

Drop ysanne and add Gunner to Chiraneau.  Gunner with expose gives you a much better chance of having a successful attack.

Having tried Gunner on Chireneau myself... I must advise against it. Between his ability, any TL you might have, and Expose (or Predator, in my case), your attacks tend to get through more often than not, making Gunner a rather total waste of 5 points. Isard keeps him on the board longer, which keeps you doing damage longer, and gives you another trigger point for the Interface which means getting blocked is not a total disaster.

Edited by DR4CO

I agree with Dr4co I have not seen the need for gunner on the Chiraneu or on most ships if you TL.. however Isard is an auto include!!! also the problem I have with ALL two ship builds is it allows one to concentrate fire. unless the other ship is a TANK as in double deci builds. or you have the ability to regen shields on something like Coran horn e wing with R2 and shield up grade. whisper is great but i have taken her out with a single Y with a blaster turret!  it was a "fat Horton"lol however. also i am NO expert..lol

Edited by Swedge

I like Expose over Gunner on my Chiraneau build, and I seldom rolls misses on 4 dice. Getting 3 hits like 90% most of the time.

Byw, need some suggestion on a cool name for my build, I was thinking The French Toast since Chiraneau sounds like a french name to me, well that's just me. Anyone else has a cool name?

Last tournament I was in, top 3 were rebel builds with the Paul Heaver Fat Han in first.  4th was a kenkirk/echo build.  There were at least 4 or 5 Chiraneau/Whisper builds but they didn't even make the top 5.

I was the only one that day that gave fat han a run for his money - I was running Kenkirk/Kagi.  I got rid of his Tala's for 39 points and he got rid of my Kagi for 44 points.  All 3 of his other wins for the day were table cleaning.  He only got my Kagi in the second last round before time ran out.  I got rid of his Tala's early on but fat han with c3p0 and r2d2 along with gunner, was proving to be tough.  Kenkirk still had 7 hull left and han had 4 or 5 - can't remember - so if it would have went on a bit I might have beat the Fat Han build.

You guys must have special dice :lol:

Not really. It's just that, between all of the modifiers you have for his attacks, the Admiral is a very consistent source of damage, which means Gunner triggers far too rarely to make it worthwhile. Especially if we're talking about Gunner over Isard. In my experience, of course.

I would love to use Echo over Whisper due to it's more mobility options but i'm not yet an experience player to do so.

You're never going to get the experience if you don't fly the ship.

Edited by DR4CO

You guys must have special dice :lol:

Not really. It's just that, between all of the modifiers you have for his attacks, the Admiral is a very consistent source of damage, which means Gunner triggers far too rarely to make it worthwhile. Especially if we're talking about Gunner over Isard. In my experience, of course.

I would love to use Echo over Whisper due to it's more mobility options but i'm not yet an experience player to do so.

You're never going to get the experience if you don't fly the ship.

One step at a time, my friend :). Im currently learning to fly the Whisper first :)

Edited by AcidBurn

I have a tournament this weekend, i'll be taking this:

RAC

predator 

Issard

engine

rebel captive

Echo

ACD 

VI 

FCS

Navigator

seems to be working, but you never can tell 

I have a tournament this weekend, i'll be taking this:

RAC

predator 

Issard

engine

rebel captive

Echo

ACD 

VI 

FCS

Navigator

seems to be working, but you never can tell 

Im curious, i have a tournament this weekend as well. where is the location of yur tournament?

I got rid of his Tala's early on but fat han with c3p0 and r2d2 along with gunner, was proving to be tough. 

You went to a tourney and someone was running 3 crew on a falcon?  That's not exactly legal :/

My bad.  He was running the Paul Heaver build - Han with predator and only 2 crew(r2d2 and c3p0).

Congrats,

What was your final list and how did the Swarm player win? (also, what was her/his list?)

Thanks Keffisch. My final list i took is exactly the same list on my 1st post. No changes there. The swarm player wins because I didn't practice much against swarm before the tournament and he manages to box me in. U can read my batrep summary report below ...

http://teamcovenant.com/linux/2015/02/03/my-first-x-wing-store-championship-battrep-summary/

First first 2 rounds, both my flying and dice rolls were terrible. Then I took some time to concentrate and take it slow and plan my moves and then after round 3, I was doing well both on flying and dice rolls.

Ok guys, need some advice on my new list for another Store Championship coming up next month. Here's the list below

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46+14)
+ Push the Limit (3)
+ Engine Upgrade (4)
+ Ysanne Isard (4)
+ Mara Jade (3)

Echo (30+10)
+ Veteran Instincts (1)
+ Advanced Cloaking Device (4) 
+ Fire-Control System (2)
+ Rebel Captive (3)

This list is belong to Ed Horne. I heard many players said that this list is hard to fly due to Echo. Since I top 8 in my last Store Championship, I am not sure should I try something new or should I just stick with my previous list. Perhaps you guys can talk some sense into me. LOL :)

Anyway, I like this list, is not to aggressive and the damage out is kinda ok to me. The problem im having is actually flying with this list. Played a game last night and I flew horribly. Can anyone here advice on how to fly this list or any suggestions to this list as well.

Many thanks