Sign in to follow this  
benbaxter

I just realized that FFG doesn't think we are very good pilots...

Hey now, 7 pilot skill is pretty dang good.

I mean, would you really compare your teenage self to freakin' Soontir Fel or Wedge Antilles.  Right off the bat I'd say they have an advantage as pilots since they, ya know, LIVE in the Star Wars universe and have years of real world (real to them anyways) experience.

Seriously though all the video game characters that we have used to crush our enemies have 7 or less pilot skill.

That is hurtful FFG, just hurtful.

The Star Wars game I logged the most piloting time on was Rogue Squadron (2 and 3 not the original unfortunately) and the main characters were Wedge and Luke so I don't know what you are talking about. (Shadows of the Empire would probably be the next highest with Dash who would be a 7)

I miss the old Tie Fighter and X-Wing games. Tie might have been the better game, but both were a lot if fun. I'd say a 7 was generous to the pilots in those games.

We may look at all the PS 9 pilots and ooh and aah, but a 6 or 7 feels about average to me.

Based on my recollection of the original DOS X-Wing game, I'm pretty sure a 7 is being generous.

Yeah x-wings difficulty curb was insane quickly going from fun and playable to impossibly struck time restraints.

Tie fighter was a big leap forward.

I just finished the 8th level of X-Wing's first Tour of Duty, the one where you have to disable two transports with ion cannons and then hold off the cowardly Tie Interceptors who ignore you while chewing up the stationary rescue transports who dock with the disabled ones.

While you're in a freaking Y-Wing. It's nearly impossible to kill the Interceptors with that piece of garbage.

Am I the only one who is sad about the cancellation of Attack Squadrons? I love space combat games. :(

Nope, I'm also very sad. I had just earned my third A-Wing in the beta, and was looking forward to upgrading it when they shut down the servers. It was kind of a mediocre execution, but at this point, I'm just eager for more space sims. Thank goodness for GOG, which at least lets us play all the originals.

Based on my recollection of the original DOS X-Wing game, I'm pretty sure a 7 is being generous.

Yeah x-wings difficulty curb was insane quickly going from fun and playable to impossibly struck time restraints.

Tie fighter was a big leap forward.

I just finished the 8th level of X-Wing's first Tour of Duty, the one where you have to disable two transports with ion cannons and then hold off the cowardly Tie Interceptors who ignore you while chewing up the stationary rescue transports who dock with the disabled ones.

While you're in a freaking Y-Wing. It's nearly impossible to kill the Interceptors with that piece of garbage.

Am I the only one who is sad about the cancellation of Attack Squadrons? I love space combat games. :(

Nope, I'm also very sad. I had just earned my third A-Wing in the beta, and was looking forward to upgrading it when they shut down the servers. It was kind of a mediocre execution, but at this point, I'm just eager for more space sims. Thank goodness for GOG, which at least lets us play all the originals.

I never even got to play the beta :(

I'd argue that Keyan and Maarek earn it through the skills they get.

I mean post raider Maarek is going to be awesome, and Keyan is definitely awesome - my favorite Rebel named pilot.

Doesn't anyone else find destroying a Star Destroyer called "The Invincible" 8 times in one TOD hilarious?(before it splodes in a cutscene).

But really, you guys have forgotten Avenger squadron. PS3.

In Balance of power, where if you crank the difficulty to hard is legitimately hard.

I mean, would you really compare your teenage self to freakin' Soontir Fel or Wedge Antilles.  Right off the bat I'd say they have an advantage as pilots since they, ya know, LIVE in the Star Wars universe and have years of real world (real to them anyways) experience.

I dunno, I have never heard of them taking out a SD and its fighter compliment in an A-wing.

That early A-wing mission where you were supposed to just scout out the freighters? Yeah I always took down the SD for kicks. My Keyan was a badass. Maraak was just as good, andhe had even more badass ships at his disposal.Plus he did all the secret missions, which really put him in the ranks of elite pilot.

Just sayin' that 7 is a little low for that kind of bad assery.

I dunno, I have never heard of them taking out a SD and its fighter compliment in an A-wing.

That early A-wing mission where you were supposed to just scout out the freighters? Yeah I always took down the SD for kicks. My Keyan was a badass. Maraak was just as good, andhe had even more badass ships at his disposal.Plus he did all the secret missions, which really put him in the ranks of elite pilot.

Just sayin' that 7 is a little low for that kind of bad assery.

Tour 1 Mission 2.

"recon everything then kill everything, literally everything".

But Again, it's Avenger that really get gipped.

Fly shielded tie interceptors with jamming beams around faster than A-wings: check

Take out an entire battle group JUST TO SAVE ONE F&&KING TIE ADVANCED (god I hate that mission) Check.

Routinely destroy Rebel Battle groups and Airam pilots with very little in the way of losses. Check.

In the EU, touted as an elite squadron and offered to Corran Horn to lead by Ysanne Isard? Check.

PS3 standard TIE Interceptors.

Edited by DariusAPB