Sign in to follow this  
CobaltWraith

Local Armada Groups

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FFGNewEngland/ - Generic Fantasy Flight Games New England

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139758386175346 - Star Wars specific FFG Games New England (X-Wing, Armada and IA)

I know there is a pretty decent sized group of us playing at Flagship Comics in Southington CT for those who were looking for something to do in Connecticut :)

USA

Greater Des Moines Area, Iowa - Mayhem Comics and Games (link)

We have a general FFG Star Wars Facebook Page, though at the moment it's mostly Armada (x-wing has it's own page - check out the X-wing forum for details)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/625487787552099/

We're definitely open to other locations in the Greater Des Moines Area (Mayhem is in Clive, but has a location in Ames. Jays CD & Hobby and Rodman's Comics are also welcome - we're open to games!)

Edited by Simonsays3

It's threads like this that make me really miss Neutral Ground. There's nowhere to play games in NYC anymore. Anyone out there in the NYC/LI area?

really? i would have thought that with so many people in NYC that there would be a ton of people playing

We are starting a group here in San Diego, CA at Villainous Lair Comics & Gaming in Normal Heights.

We meet on Thursday nights, there is also an X-Wing group that meets there on the same nights.

Feel free to pm me if you want more info!

Will be playing on Wednesday nights at Curio Cavern in Springfield, VA, representing the Northern Virginia area.

This is their post announcing Armada tournaments starting as soon as Wave 1 hits: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=895652673832159&id=118801118183989

Attention IMPERIAL ASSAULT and STAR WARS: ARMADA players: we will soon begin a new weekly Game Night for these two events! We are kicking things off by doing a preliminary Learn to Play Game Night *this* Wednesday (4/8/15) at 6:30PM for Imperial Assault. No entry fee for this one- just bring what Imperial Assault stuff you have; only the core set is needed, though we should be able to support some folks who don't have any Imperial Assault product yet.

Then, starting with the following Wednesday, 4/15/15, we will begin regular IMPERIAL ASSAULT Game Nights at 6:30pm, $5 entry fee. This will continue until the Wednesday *after* the week of which Armada: Wave 1 releases (the first set of expansions, expected in 3-5 weeks), at which point we will adopt a schedule of Wednesdays alternating between the two games thereafter, consisting of Star Wars Armada Game Night, then the next Wednesday is Imperial Assault Game Night, then the next Wednesday is Armada, and so on.

To recap:
-Wednesday, 4/8/15 at 6:30pm: Imperial Assault Learn-to-Play Game Night ($0 entry fee)
-Wednesday, 4/15/15 at 6:30pm: Imperial Assault Game Night ($5 entry fee)
-Wednesdays until the week after Armada: Wave 1 releases: ditto
-(after such) Every Wednesday at 6:30pm: *alternating* Star Wars Armada/Imperial Assault Game Night ($5 entry fee)

Edited by lagomorph

I have no doubt there's a decent number of players around. Hell, I've created a group that runs 4 deep by wrangling my friends. But we play out of my apartment, and I'm providing all the ships being used. What we lack in NYC is a game store with the space/inclination to serve as a base for the community. When I played MageKnight that store was Neutral Ground. If anyone around knows of one I'm unaware of, please educate me!

I'm trying to find or start a group in Perth Western Australia.

I've met a few people playing Armada and am trying to get them together at the Tabletop Gamers Association (TGA) which meets at the -

Higgins Park Tennis Club - Main Hall

Playfield Street East Victoria Park, Perth

Open every Sunday - 10:00am to 5:00pm

I'll be there this Sunday so if anyone out there that's in Perth please come down.

I have no doubt there's a decent number of players around. Hell, I've created a group that runs 4 deep by wrangling my friends. But we play out of my apartment, and I'm providing all the ships being used. What we lack in NYC is a game store with the space/inclination to serve as a base for the community. When I played MageKnight that store was Neutral Ground. If anyone around knows of one I'm unaware of, please educate me!

The Compleat Strategist supports some other mini's games as well as FFG living card games.  Have you tried there?