Sign in to follow this  
CobaltWraith

Local Armada Groups

Not wanting to take over this thread, I did post a topic on building a Facebook site for Armada for the NYC/Long Island area. 

Again I am sure someone will beat me to it and do a better job, BUT, if not I would like to build on.

Any suggestions from the posters here is appreciated.  Please post on my topic so this post is not derailed. 

Clarksville, Tennessee

We have a moving home based game (Already playing X-wing). Just looking for some new faces...

www.facebook.com/groups/DGNSA   (For Armada)   or    www.facebook.com/groups/DGNXW    (For X-Wing).

Not sure I've done this properly. I'm happy to turn over the group to someone more experienced once he/she arrives. But for now here's one for Southern California

You May Fire When Ready

https://m.facebook.com/groups/606934136109073?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_added_to_group&actorid=1829662839

Hopefully we get enough people we'll have to start making smaller regional groups. But for now this should help.

Edited by Keltz

So the Salt Lake City store I'm working with is so certain they're getting product over the next week that they're holding a launch party next Saturday at 1pm. Details on the SLC Armada page, link in the first post.

So the Salt Lake City store I'm working with is so certain they're getting product over the next week that they're holding a launch party next Saturday at 1pm. Details on the SLC Armada page, link in the first post.

Wow, that's definitely not something to scoff at, if they're putting themselves out there like that.

I hope they're not confusing the arrival of the game with the arrival of the tournament kit. I imagine that the latter get sent out by FFG and don't have to go through the long logistical train that the full-on mini games have to go through, coming from China.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

Wow, that's definitely not something to scoff at, if they're putting themselves out there like that.

I hope they're not confusing the arrival of the game with the arrival of the tournament kit. I imagine that the latter get sent out by FFG and don't have to go through the long logistical train that the full-on mini games have to go through, coming from China.

Agreed. From my understanding, the owner called up her suppliers who said they would have product to her no later than next Tuesday, so we'll hope everyone is on the same page here :)

I'm from Southern New England. Our little no man's land of Hartford and Providence sandwiched between the behemoths of NYC and Boston. I guess New Englanders around here live up to our reputation and are about as outgoing as our frigid winters... myself probably included as I haven't gone out of my way to talk about Armada locally yet. :( Probably a mistake on my part. But in any case, I live outside of Hartford and my partner lives in Providence, so I travel a great deal between the two (much less familiar with Rhode Island though). If there is interest in our area, I will gladly assist in organization through an online community and finding locations that are willing to really get behind Armada. My thought is we need a more regional effort down here in CT/RI to really get people involved and pointed to places where Armada has a strong following rather than have people get discouraged by smaller circles where differing schedules could more easily impose infrequent activity.

I live in Western Mass Dusksong. Would be happy to join an armada group if you start one. I wonder if the Time machine would let us have play space. They have an x-wing group that meets there every week already.

Agreed. From my understanding, the owner called up her suppliers who said they would have product to her no later than next Tuesday, so we'll hope everyone is on the same page here  :)

As much as I want to believe that this is true, I'm not going to let myself believe this until I see pictures of the game either at the warehouse or in the store.  I don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't come out in that time frame.

I really want to believe this is true, though.

Edited by Japherwaki

I'm from Southern New England. Our little no man's land of Hartford and Providence sandwiched between the behemoths of NYC and Boston. I guess New Englanders around here live up to our reputation and are about as outgoing as our frigid winters...

I have a friend here in Portland who just moved here from Connecticut. He also says that the gaming community is rare up there, so your perceptions are probably right.

I'm not sure if that would be because of less interest in these sorts of games, or if it's a lack of communications, as you suggest.

If it's the latter, then it's going to have to take someone (like you?) to start connecting people. Maybe talk to your FLGS to see if you can host a regular game night at their facility (presuming that your FLGS has gaming space that isn't clogged up by Magic players), and/or put up a bulletin. There's also Craigslist to make initial contacts and Facebook to keep people connected, once you've had your first contact. Is Meetup still a thing that people go to?

There are a lot of gamers in new England. Were just not as friendly and outgoing as folks you find in other parts of the country. People tend to keep to themselves so it can be hard to get good gaming groups together.