Sign in to follow this  
MaverickNZ

March release date?

Even with FFG's publically stated delay due to the port disputes, I noticed that retailers with mid-late March dates haven't changed them "yet" - fingers crossed it might still make it! :)

Nor has FFG changed their projected date. I'm still saying early March :)

I am hopeful for late March. I just got an email this morning that scum and villainy was in stock at RPG shop. Hopefully it's just a matter of catching up with freight shipped out to the right distributors before announcing a date.

Let's recall that it went on The Boat on the 12th of February. I don't think we've seen The Boat go as fast as advertized, which is 6 weeks - which would put it here at the end of March. So, I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you're saying this month (because March has arrived!).

But if you want me to put you on the list for the week of March 23-29, then I'm happy to do so.

Let's recall that it went on The Boat on the 12th of February. I don't think we've seen The Boat go as fast as advertized, which is 6 weeks - which would put it here at the end of March. So, I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you're saying this month (because March has arrived!).

But if you want me to put you on the list for the week of March 23-29, then I'm happy to do so.

I see I'm still excluded from said list despist several posts :P If you're still adding, would you please post my vote for the second full week of March?

Well, a friend of mine got his Scum and Villany stuff last week so I would not be surprised if everything is in stock in stores now.  Not for release of course. 

I see I'm still excluded from said list despist several posts :P If you're still adding, would you please post my vote for the second full week of March?

:huh:

I was pretty sure that I had gotten you. Hm, maybe it was an internet snafu. I'll blame the web gremlins.

Anyway, I just posted you.

Of course, you're ludicrously optimistic. :P

Then again, that will be just ahead of my leaving home for a couple weeks, which would render me unable to play. So, you probably have Murphy on your side.

I'd did say I was "hopeful". My honest guess would be 3rd week of April.

When the FFG website updated to the current look, there was a news article announcing Armada's release dated March 31st up for a short time.

I would be sad if the date was arbitrarily made the 31st instead of "ship all the things the moment you get them" instructions for the many layers of distributors.

Edited by CobaltWraith

You know, I like the new update page. It says when the last time anyone official made any changes to it was, ha ha. Sine the last time anyone from FFG made any changes to Armada was the 25th of last month, maybe this week is still possible? I just logged onto Amazon and saw that my preorder was "Arriving Wednesday by 8pm" and got slightly enthusiastic about that prospect.

You know, I like the new update page. It says when the last time anyone official made any changes to it was, ha ha. Sine the last time anyone from FFG made any changes to Armada was the 25th of last month, maybe this week is still possible? I just logged onto Amazon and saw that my preorder was "Arriving Wednesday by 8pm" and got slightly enthusiastic about that prospect.

This week? March 31 (the apparent original release date) is the earliest I could possibly see Armada hitting. Things tend to stay on the boat for quite a while, and the port issues haven't gone away, it could takes weeks before the ports are back to normal business. 

Mid march in Europe, unknown in USA.

Why? Forensicus' friend is doing gameplay demos next week. It is REALLY bad sales practice to show people something they can't buy and hope that they pick it up sometime in the future.

Xwing Falcons and Firesprays are off the boat =) shipping now. Maybe Armada soon also =)

Haha, I'm seeing those products as shipping now on my phone, but still on the boat on my computer. I don't think I remotely trust the upcoming page anymore.

Xwing Falcons and Firesprays are off the boat =) shipping now. Maybe Armada soon also =)

Haha, I'm seeing those products as shipping now on my phone, but still on the boat on my computer. I don't think I remotely trust the upcoming page anymore.

Same here actually

Edit: Scratch that, no change for me on either device... Still showing as last update was the 25th of last month.

Edited by CobaltWraith

Ive been getting emails from the place/s Ive preordered telling me if I want to keep waiting  as some of the status's have slipped into 'Cannot be determined/unknown' land. Which is incredibly frustrating that in this day and age of transporters , replicators and John Oliver we cannot simple readjust dates easily.

So some good news here. I was in my local store this morning and the owner looked up her distributor and shows all sets in the warehouse. I don't know how much stock to put into this, but she said that whatever I ordered through her would be there by next Tuesday at the latest O.o