Sign in to follow this  
DmSquared

MOM Gives more actions?

Hello everyone, I am new to the group. I just recently got the MOM expansion and I gotta say I am loving so far. I had a question and I have been searching the forum bit waant able to get a clear answer. But does the new expansion give out more actions per turn than just two? I saw one post that I kind of interpreted as you can take all of your component actions in one round. Also the reference card does not specify you are limited to two actions per round as well as you being limited to certain actions with monsters on your space.

Is this just my interpretation?

Barring character specific exceptions (for example Ursula), you are still limited to only two actions a round.

The reference cards provided are there to remind you what the various options are and are by no means complete. For example, if I recall correctly, they do not mention that you cannot take a rest action on a space with a monster (and that restriction was not dropped!).

It sometimes happened that - especially when your character was not in a city - you had to forfeit an action, as there was no useful action available.

But now you can acquire a focus token wherever you are. So I guess yes, there are more actions now :)

The numbe of options / round increased (i.e. the things you can do by spending one action), the number of actions / round did not (you still have two actions / round, as ricedwlit pointed out). If you were allowed to perform more than 2 actions / round, this would be clearly worded in the rulebook.

Yes, your interpretation is incorrect. The rules are essentially the same as in the base game (it would be a nightmare mixing components if they weren't!)

There ARE tasks though, whose "component actions" (which are not really actions) allow you to flip a card after performing certain encounters.

But you still only receive two actions. As pointed out above, there are just more options.

Edited by Soakman

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure and while I made sense that you only had two actions, when I saw that comment from FFGames regarding two unique assets in the same turn, it made it sound like more actions could be taken.

Thanks a lot everyone!