Sign in to follow this  
Julia

Dark dealings (new preview)

I really like that the memberships are more directly tied to important successes/failures in the game. Also glad to see that the blessed/cursed dice will be used in the game as well!

This expansion might really tip Elder Sign into a whole new game. Its always been really flexible so I hope new expansions will start stretching what can be done with the game.

Really nice. I'm looking forward to this expansion.

I wonder about the split reward/penalties- do players get to choose which reward/penalty they want to get?

I understand that they split the rewards to let players that don';t have Unseen Forces to enjoy this expansion,

but I wonder how much of this is balanced.

I mean, choosing between suffering a Curse and summoning a monster doesn't really equate to advancing Doom. Though obviously, it depends on the situation.

It feels and plays like a very different game. It depends a lot, I think, on what it is you want to be doing in a game. There's still lots of dice rolling so if that's the mechanic you want driving the game then you're fine. You're going to see a wild change in difficulty, but not an impossible one. If narrative is what you're into then it does change quite a bit with the new cards. It feels almost like a soft reboot in a way.